Chapter 40

Emily continued, 'what about Min-' she wasn't able to complete as I kicked her under the table.

She kicked me back for an answer. I gestured for her to be quiet. Is she dumb or pretending to be one? She is the one who is responsible for the replacement of the brown-eyed boy with the brown boy. Okay. Okay. My only fault is I didn't update her about this replacement.

Minho is still trying to remember if he missed meeting Brown boy. He asked, "Is that Akiko, your brown boy? Does he know you like him? "

I coughed as my salad was stuck in my throat. No! He is a womanizer Minho! He doesn't go for love or a relationship. I will kill myself before Falling in love with that jerk.

Emily passed water to me quickly while she giggled at the absurd assumption that Minho just made.
Just then Alex came in and asked, "What are you all talking about?"

Emily quickly changed the topic as she said, "Oh nothing important. But I have something important to discuss though."

"What is it?" Alex asked.

Emily replied, "Date."

Alex curiously, "Oh yes, you two are going on a date today. Right?"

I replied "yes" while Minho continued his breakfast.
Just then Emily pointed, "Sarah, there is some Mayo on your lips. You eat like a child." She chuckled.

I noticed Minho looking at me and then suddenly his eyes went wide and he stood up as if he was shocked.

We all stared at him. Emily asked, "what happened?"

He looked flustered but he replied, "nothing" and sat back. He seemed to be immersed in his thoughts. He picked up a Jug of water and started pouring it into his glass. Let me specify, that the glass already had juice in it.

I pointed, "What are you doing Minho? There's juice in the glass. Why are you mixing water in it?"

He seemed to come out of his thoughts and realized what he was doing. He replied, "Oh. Sorry." He seemed confused and uncomfortable. Is he not happy about this date? Do I make him uncomfortable? As he has someone he likes and this date may seem like a duty that he needs to fulfill? Am I asking for too much?

Do I seem too energetic for this date? Am I too happy? is he not comfortable with going on a date with me? Okay, Sarah, you are repeating this question. Stop these rhetorical questions, Sarah! They are all in your mind. No one will answer them!
It seems he is confused or flustered. Maybe he is in a dilemma if he should go on the date or not.

"We can cance-" I was about to say we can cancel as he wasn't looking as happy as I was. But I couldn't complete my sentence as Emily quickly stuffed my mouth with bread.

Emily asked, "Minho, do you have work today? Are you not willing to go?"
He seemed to have come back to his senses as he replied, "Oh no. I am more than happy to accompany Sarah to this date." He smiled.

See, you dumb girl! He isn't feeling uncomfortable. You are just thinking too much. I scolded myself for thinking nonsense.

Emily said, "That's good. Sarah is also looking forward to this date."

My eyes went wide. Why are making it feel like I am too ready to go on a date with him? Okay, I am dying for that but don't say it in front of Minho!  What is she doing?

"Whaff arff yofu douung? (what are you doing?) My mouth was still stuffed with that bread.

Damn you, Emily. Why did she stuff such a big piece of bread in my mouth? Does she want to choke me to death? Just wait Emily, I'll take revenge for this.

Minho chuckled as he looked at me while I struggled with my bread.

"I think she is too busy with her breakfast." He replied.

I smiled.

Emily said, "I and Alex are going for a movie date today. You too should also enjoy your date. Okay?"

At last, I gulped the last piece of bread and drank water.  They could have gone for the cruise date, why did she offer it in the competition? I thought. Then I remembered Emily once told me that Alex doesn't like the sea or anything that is connected to the sea. Oh, so that's why she gave it to us, I thought.

Emily continued, "I think this date can help you to get to know each other better. You can talk to each other, enjoy the view, can hold hands and ki-"

I kicked her under the table as I knew what she was about to say.

"Ouch" she reacted.

Alex looked up at her and asked, "What is it, babe?"

She replied, "Mosquitoes. I think we need to buy a mosquito repellent." She rubbed her leg while looking at me.

I tried to hide my smile.
Haha. Revenge.