Chapter 11

I stood up from the sofa and sighed. I thought I'll be resting today. But all the people in the world want to visit me today. Oh God, are you taking some kind of revenge on me?

I opened the door, to see Tanzin standing in front of me. Just a reminder, Tanzin is my cousin. He visits my home sometimes to check if everything is alright as he does a part-time job of reporting everything that happens to me, to my parents, and to my uncle. He makes up excuses to visit me but I know the real purpose of his visits. So he came for his regular investigation? I thought.

He came in and sat on the sofa.

I asked, "What brings you here today?"

"Dad sent some chocolates and perfume for you." He said as he handed over the box of chocolates.

My mood lifted to see so many chocolates and my favorite perfume.

"Wow! So many chocolates. He didn't need to send so many! I have the best uncle in the world" I jumped in excitement.

"You can share with me if you want." He smirked.

"Not even in your dreams. These are all mine." I replied.

"Why would I have you in my dreams? I am not into nightmares." He chuckled.

I was about to retort but my love for chocolates helped me in ignoring him and his rubbish remarks. He was about to leave when the doorbell rang again.

Again? Now, who else is left to come? I thought I would be able to relax today! Can someone stop these people who kept barging into my house when all I need is the alone time! I opened the door, It was Minho!

Woah. I thought he had meetings till 10! Why is he so early? It's only 6 pm. Minho entered and was taken aback as he saw Tanzin.

Oh no! Damn! Tanzin doesn't know Minho is staying here! In this house! If Minho told Tanzin that he is living here, with us,  it will be my death day! Tanzin will call my parents as well as my uncle! Oh no! They'll come and drag me back to my home!

Minho was taking off his shoes with a very frustrated look. He looked pissed off. I was about to whisper to him that he shouldn't tell him that he is living here, When Tanzin spoke up, "Who are you? What are you doing in Sara's house?" He raised his eyebrow.

Minho's jaw clenched. "I can ask the same question."

Before Tanzin or Minho could go on any further, I spoke up. "Tanzin, this is Minho. He is a friend of Emily and I am working as a translator for his company." I blinked my eyes rapidly at Minho, so that he gets an idea, what I was trying to do.

But Minho was busy staring at Tanzin with fire in his eyes. Why does it feel like, I was caught cheating with Tanzin, by my boyfriend?
The situation seems quite awkward. Why is Minho so irritated. Did something happen at his meeting?

I realized, instead of overthinking, I need to save myself before the milk is spilled.

Tanzin said, "Okay. But what is he doing here, at your house? On a weekend?"

Minho was about to say something, when I cut him and said, "Oh he came to meet Emily, but umm... Something came up so Emily has to go somewhere and She forgot to inform him about it. Yeah...um yeah, that's what happened."
Minho understood what I was trying to do and looked at me.

Tanzin said, "But Emily is not here, so now what?"

I was trying to find an answer when Minho spoke, "I'll wait for her, I need to talk to her today." I sighed with relief.

Tanzin who was about to leave sat back on the sofa. Don't tell me he was going to wait till Emily came back home. He must have felt that I was lying. What should I do now?

Tanzin said, "Okay, let's wait for Emily. I haven't met her for days."

You! I am your cousin! Why do you want to meet Emily? I know you want to confirm my story. You spy! I thought as I stabbed an imaginary dagger in Tanzin's head.

Minho wasn't pleased with this. I switched on the TV as the situation seemed quite awkward. Both of them sat on the opposite sides of the sofa with folded arms.

Minho stood up abruptly, I asked, "what happened?"

He glared at me as he said, "Washroom. I mean where is the washroom?"

I was thankful to him as he was going with the pretense. I said, "Oh, it's this way."

Tanzin was watching TV when Minho gestured towards the bathroom. I understood he wants to talk to me. He used an excuse of the washroom.

I said, "wait, I forgot to put the handwash in the washroom. I'll give it to you."

Tanzin didn't pay attention. Minho and I went near the bathroom when Minho grabbed my arm and dragged me in the bathroom and closed the door.  I was standing against the wall, while he was standing too close. He put his hand on the wall and his face was some inches away as he stared at me with a very frustrated look.

First of all, I was surprised as he suddenly closed the door and was standing so near that our bodies were nearly touching. Secondly, why does he look more than handsome now? And hot too. One sec Sarah, collect your thoughts, his hotness is distracting you. Thirdly, Why is he so irritated today? Maybe because he didn't want to play along!?

We kept on looking at each other for some seconds, when he said, "what are you doing right now? If you don't know, let me tell you, Sarah. I hate telling lies. It's because of you I lied today."

I can feel his breath as he spoke. I wasn't really listening as I was busy admiring his face.
"Sarah. Are you listening?" He asked.

" Oh. Umm. I am sorry Minho. Just for today, please play along. I don't want Tanzin to know that you are staying here. He might get the wrong idea."

"You are so worried just because you don't want him to get the wrong idea?" he asked in surprise.

Of course. If Tanzin gets to know that you are living here, he will tell my entire family that I am in a live-in relationship with you! You dumbo! You don't know him! He always spices up everything. I wanted to say this to Minho but I stopped myself.

"Yeah. Please" I said.

He clenched his jaw. Why is he so angry? I think he hates to lie. I stared at the ground as I felt guilty.
Suddenly he realized that his face was too close and we could feel each other breath. He stepped back as his ears turned red. He said, "Um. Okay. For Today."

I was so relieved and happy that I grabbed his hand and shook it, "yeah just for today."I said with a big smile on my face.

We went back to the hall.  Tanzin stood up as we sat down. He said, "I got a call from my boss just now. There is something I need to take care of. So I have to leave now."

I stood up and said, "oh okay. Thank you for the chocolate and the perfume."

He shook hands with Minho and said, "let's meet some other time." Minho faked a smile. It was so fake that it almost seem sarcastic.
I was relieved as Tanzin left.