42; A Bundle Of Joy, Scales & Feathers

Começar do início

Aziraphale copied her action and she snapped out of her daze. "What was that about me being an optimist?" He grinned.

She blushed. "SSShut it!" She hissed, in a non intimidating tone and lightly shoved him away. The blond ignored the faux grumpiness and pulled himself closer to kiss her temple.

~~~~~

They had been trying for a month, but there seemed to be no change yet. If the negative pregnancy tests were to be believed, it wasn't working. For a brief moment, Aziraphale wondered if they should swap roles. Crowley quickly shot that down, saying that Aziraphale couldn't be the vulnerable one. Going through all the different possibilities that could happen (and overthinking many of them), she decided Aziraphale would make for a better guard if Heaven or Hell found out about their child and decided to come for them. Logically, she knew they'd made a deal during their trials and they'd be fine because of it. After all, Heaven and Hell hadn't come anywhere near them since the world didn't end. They were perfectly safe. Even still, she insisted on feeling safer knowing that the former soldier between the two of them was keeping watch.

Of course, they'd only have to worry about that scenario if they conceived. And if their former employers actually did show up. So far, neither had happened. Even with all the failed attempts, this demon was still optimistic. Aziraphale couldn't ask for anything more.

Thankfully, today's afterglow topic was a much more lighthearted one. Aziraphale's head was resting atop Crowley's chest, sleep almost claiming them both.

The light coming into the bookshop's bedroom from the sunset caught Crowley's eye. "Y'know, I always love seeing you like this."

The blond slightly lifted his head. "Hmm?"

"You, like this, with the sunlight." She said, carding her fingers through Aziraphale's curls. "Looks like your halo's trying to come out."

"You've never seen my halo." This was true. He knew she respected him too much to take a peek during their body swap without permission. Plus, Aziraphale hadn't shown his halo since first coming to Earth, six millennia ago. Adam and Eve found it too bright and painful to look at. So, he hid it. From then on, if he needed to prove he was an angel, he'd only let out his wings.

Crowley shrugged. "Nah, but still. You get my point. Makes you look sweet and peaceful. It's nice." She said as she kept playing with his hair.

"Would you like to?" He asked softly.

The demon blinked. "Hmm?"

"Would you like to see my halo?"

Crowley's heart started hammering in her chest. It was a strange sensation. She felt like this was something wildly intimate. And that was saying something, considering what they had just finished doing. For Somebody's sake, they were still naked and Aziraphale had basically asked the question into her nipple! She said nothing, but nodded emphatically.

Aziraphale smiled before shutting his eyes. He focused on coaxing his halo out of his body. The angel made sure to not use too much power. The last thing he wanted was to blind or hurt his partner. He heard Crowley gasp softly as the halo manifested. Since her hand was still tangled in Aziraphale's hair, she could feel its warmth as it came into view.

It looked like it had two rings. The outer one was golden, a simple ring. Meanwhile, the inner one was silver and it looked like a greek meander border one might find on an ancient piece of pottery. The way it shone made Crowley think of sunlight reflecting on water. It was beautiful.

The angel opened his eyes, they somehow seemed bluer than usual. "Is this how you imagined it?" He asked, expectantly.

"No. Not even slightly. It's gorgeous. Because of course it would be! Every bit of you is absolutely breathtaking."