1; Thank Adam

Context: TV canon, after Armageddon.

Word Count: 2,600

_____

After the Apocalypse That Didn't Happen, Adam actually kept his powers because he could sense that if he didn't, the Antichrist slot would open up back in Hell and they would assign a body for it to try starting (ending) it all over again.

For this reason, he started going to Aziraphale and Crowley so they would teach him how to control his powers better. He wanted to learn how to use it as miracles, not just thinking it and it happens, because that can lead to drifting thoughts becoming reality and that could be dangerous. So they agreed to teach him how to process his powers through miracles (snapping his fingers, making gestures, etc).

While these lessons were going on, Adam could sense there was something between the angel and the demon, he could practically smell the pining. And one day, before leaving for holiday in Spain for three weeks, he placed some handcuffs on them.

You see, they were taking a break from some of his lessons today and agreed to play a game. Adam always came up with the best ones, so it didn't take much convincing. The plastic handcuffs worked like normal throughout the whole game, but when Adam left the bookshop that night in a hurry with his parents to go to the airport, the two beings seemed to forget they were still attached to each other.

At least, they had forgotten until Crowley was about to head for his favorite spot on the couch again and Aziraphale was going to lock up and close the blinds the human way. He settled for a snap to do both tasks after tumbling on top of the demon thanks to the sharp tug which sent him backwards.

"So sorry, dear boy. I could've sworn he unchained us after he captured us trying to rob that bank." Said the angel with a groan as he shifted his body weight to kneel.

Crowley sat up, shaking his head. "He said he planned on doing that once we ratted out the rest of our team. We were about to cooperate but that's when his parents showed up. Where did he put that blessed key?"

Aziraphale helped him up and they looked for the key for several minutes before finding it in between the couch cushions. The only reason they had not yet miracle'd themselves out of them was because they were used to using a limited amount of miracles whenever they did lessons. Adam would get frustrated quickly when he saw them doing all kinds of things with tiny gestures and movements, meanwhile, he couldn't manage two in a row properly. He was impatient, but he wanted to learn, which is why he tried so hard.

Crowley stuck the small rod into restraints but the key no longer worked to unlock them. The angel frowned.

"Quit messing about and take these off already." He insisted, assuming this was one of Crowley's pranks.

To this, the demon handed over the key so the fussy being could see for himself. "It isn't me. Think this toy's just cheap and works whenever it likes."

Aziraphale concurred, fiddling more with the lock than Crowley did but getting the same result. He huffed in annoyance and snapped his fingers.

Nothing happened. He glared at Crowley once more and the redhead raised both his hands.

"It's not me, Aziraphale!" He exclaimed.

To prove his point, he snapped his own fingers. He gestured, pulled, swore and glared at the cuffs with fully serpentine eyes but nothing happened. He then dragged the angel towards the flat upstairs.

"Tell me you've got knives or something sharp in that kitchen of yours." He practically pleaded as they climbed up.

Aziraphale rolled his eyes. "If magic doesn't work, what makes you think human utensils will?"