4; Appearances Can Be Deceiving

Context: Human AU. Based on janthonyashtoreth's Ink and Flowers AU on Instagram and Tumblr.

Word Count: 2,450

_____

Crowley's POV:

Anthony was currently sitting at the bar of a local pub, waiting Azra. They had agreed to meet here for a change of scenery. Usually, the pair would hang out at Azra's place whenever they had free time. Ever since Azra finished Anthony's tattoo, they had grown quite close, especially thanks to all the talking they did during their sessions. Azra found himself learning much more than he had ever expected to about plants. While Anthony now saw people's tattoos and wondered what the meanings behind them were. It was funny. Before, Anthony wouldn't even focus on others or think of anyone else when he was alone. And now, all he did was think about Azra and what he would think about X, Y or Z.

Anthony checked his watch. 5:17. Still early, he said he'd be closing the parlor by 5:30...

He gripped his phone and went through all his social media apps. Nothing really entertained him but it gave his fingers and eyes something to do. He was at this for a while, until the bartender started doing a dessert cocktail of some kind near him and used too much cinnamon. It made Anthony sneeze harder than he would've liked, so much so, that his sunglasses flew off his face. He heard them fall, but had no clue where they landed.

Shit! Where are they?

He knelt under the bar, he looked all over the floor but he couldn't find them.

For fuck's sake, I don't want to buy another pair, I liked those!...

Just then, stumbling feet walked over to him, steadying themselves as best they could. Anthony's eyes went up the light grey pair of pants and he saw a very handsome man holding his glasses.

"Are these yours? They- ugh, they landed on our table." Slurred the man as Anthony stood. He looked at him, noticing the man's purple eyes. In turn, unfortunately, he noticed Anthony's.

"Whoa, what is wrong with your eyes?" He said, too close for the ginger's comfort. The alcohol on his breath was nauseating. Anthony has coloboma.

A coloboma is a hole in one of the structures of the eye, such as the iris, retina, choroid, or optic disc. The hole is present from birth and can be caused when a gap called the "choroid fissure" (which is present during early stages of prenatal development) fails to close up completely before a child is born. Anthony has one in each pupil, giving them a reptilian-like aesthetic, hence why he always wore shades. He hated people staring at his eyes. It made him feel like he was a monster, a freak.

Anthony then grabbed the glasses and put them on before quickly walking away from him. "Thanks." He huffed over his shoulder, hurrying back to the bar. The other man followed him, using the bar to keep himself steady.

"Seriously, how'd your eyes get like that? I mean, they don't look like contacts." He said, staring as if he would be able to see his eyes through the sunglasses if he squinted hard enough.

Anthony leaned back as much as he could, eyes wandering the whole establishment. "Could you please just leave me alone? I'm waiting for someone."

But the drunk man wouldn't take the hint and he sat on the stool next to Anthony's. "Oooh, got a hot date there, cat-eyes?"

Are you fucking kidding me? How pissed are you?

"I really don't want to have a conversation with you, so could you please scram?" Anthony's patience was thin on a regular basis, so you can imagine how nonexistent it was at the moment when someone wasn't respecting his personal space.