2: Scorching Winds

Hereford Base
June 7th 2016
2:24 PM

Valkyrie at the moment is standing before Aurelia Arnot's desk otherwise known as Six, who is looking at the laptop screen seeing the White Mask like figure.

"Who sent you this Intel Castellano?" Six questions curiously while setting the laptop aside.

"A friend in the CIA ma'am, said that me and Rainbow would possibly find this information valuable." Valkyrie replies formally.

Six sits in her seat while looking at the laptop screen.

"Oh it's valuable but this could easy be a lookalike that was inspired by their handy work, we haven't seen or heard much of anything relating to them after Bartlett." Six points out.

Valkyrie recognizes that possibility but her gut is telling her otherwise.

"I know ma'am but I think this is too out of the blue to be anyone else, groups like the White Masks hide and lick their wounds all the time... Need I bring up the middle east ma'am?" Valkyrie asks with honesty.

Six chuckles lowly as she didn't expect Valkyrie to talk back like that. Valkyrie soon apologizes for her behavior.

"It's fine Castellano, but do you truly think this worth checking?" Six asks wanting Valkyrie to be confident.

"I do ma'am, hundred percent." Valkyrie replies with confidence.

"Alright then, let's get a team together." Six responds while closing the laptop.

*

Many hours have passed as it's now night. Leo and his team are in a plane with their parachutes ready. Leonard stands with his rifle hanging from a sling.

"You all know the mission, rescue Ambassador Wheeler and then we'll move south towards Lima where the Peru military will give us transport... Watch your shots and we'll get home before tomorrow morning." Leonard says fist bumping Victor and Carlos.

Leonard stands before the exit waiting for it to open.

"See ya on the ground skipper." Victor says lightly hitting Leo on the shoulder as the back opens up.

Leonard jumps out of the plane and begins counting down staying calm as he's done this more than enough times. He eventually pulls his chute and begins gliding down towards the jungle.

Leonard eventually finds himself in the jungle and removes the chute from him. He raises his M4A1 while taking a knee waiting for the rest of his team to arrive.

"Everyone check in." Leonard says over the com getting a response from everyone in his team. "Odin actual this Silver 3-1 over."

"We read you Silver 3-1." Reeves replies.

"We're making our way to the site now, we'll go radio silent till then." Leonard says taking point and moving through the jungle foliage.

His teammates aren't far behind as the walk is mostly fine but they remain cautious of the wildlife as south America is one of few places where the wildlife can and will kill you.

Meanwhile Maria is in the war room with general Reeves watching body cam footage of the strike team.

"I can't help but wonder, why are you... A respected Army General is taking so much interest in this operation." Maria states.