35. Can You Keep A Secret?

''Someday your husband will sit there and you will sit by his side. And one day, before too long, you will present your son to the court. All the lords of Westeros will gather here to see the little prince..." Septa Mordane told Sansa

''What if I have a girl?'' sanas countered

''Gods be good, you'll have boys and girls and plenty of them.' Septa Mordane said hopefully.

''What if I only have girls?'' Sansa asked again.

''I wouldn't worry about that.''

''Jeyne Poole's mother had five children, all of them girls.'' Sansa informed her.

''Yes, but it's highly unlikely.'' Septa Mordane informed her.

''But what if? What if I'm barren like Auntie Alice?"

'''If you only had girls, I suppose the throne would pass to Prince Joffrey's little brother.''

''And everyone would hate me.'' Sansa declared worry filled her.

''Nobody could ever hate you.'' Alice spoke up coming up to them.

''Joffrey does." Sansa corrected as Alice ran a hand through her hair.

"No he doesn't." Alice assured. But she didn't know that Joffrey was capable of love.

''Nonsense. Why would you say such a thing? That business with the wolves? I've told you a hundred times... A direwolf is not...''

''Please shut up about it.'' Sansa spat.

"Sansa...' Alice coed.

''Do you remember your lessons? Who built the Iron Throne?" Septa Mordane

"Aegon the Conqueror." Sansa answered

''And who built the Red Keep?''

''Maegor the Cruel''.

''And how many years did it take to build...''

''My grandfather and uncle were murdered here, weren't they?" Sansa realized. Alice nodded slowly.

"A grim day for everyone." Alice agreed.

''They were killed on the orders of King Aerys, yes."

''The Mad King.'' Sansa corrected

''Commonly known as the Mad King.' Septa Mordane agreed.

"Lord Lannister was hand of king Aerys for 20 years... I don't think he was mad when Lord Lannister was leading him.... He seems to have a good head... but you know what they say about Targaryen's..." Alice murmured.

"What do they say?" Sansa questioned.

"That every time a Targaryen is born the Gods flip a coin." Alice informed her. "it's stupid and silly, something I'm sure the Baratheon's or Lannisters made up... but..." Alice shrugged.

''Why were they killed?'' Sansa asked

''You should speak to your father about these matters." Septa mordane suggested.

''I don't want to speak to my father, ever.'' Sansa told them.

''You will find it in your heart to forgive your father.'' Mordane suggested

''No, I won't.'' Sansa said bitterly.

"Your father-" Alice began.

"He killed Lady. He killed her!" Sansa reminded Alice.

"Come here." Alice whispered pulling Sansa aside. "Can you keep a secret?" Sansa nodded. "Your father didn't kill lady." Alice whispered.

"What?"

"Shh." Alice said bringing her lips to Sansa's ear. "He set them free." Sansa stared at her with wide eyes. "But no one must know." Sansa nodded hugging her tight. "Your father is a good man... don't hate him."

+

'I'm sorry my Lord we are filled up every room.'

'My men can sleep in the stable as for myself I do not require a large room.' Tyrion insisted.

'Sincerely my Lord we have nothing.'

'Is there nothing I can do...' Tyrion said knocking a coin on the table 'to remedy this?'

'You can have my room.' Bronn said

'There's a clever man.' Tyrion said tossing him the coin. His eyes scanned the room, landing on none other than Catelyn stark. 'Pleasure to see you again my lady.' Tyrion said kindly bowing to her but Catelyn did not look happy to see him one bit. Soon she was calling upon all the men from all different houses to stand and defend her. the noised of swords being draw in their direction caused Tyrion to startle.

"Lady stark,' Tyrion said with a hint of bitterness and his guards were incapacitated. They were dragged away from the inn, still tried and hungry from their journey but not going to get rest anytime soon.

++++++

"You get me something to keep my mouth shut?" Sandor chuckled trying on the new helmet.

"What? No. you know nothing. There is nothing to know." Alice informed him. "It's your name day."

"Next moon." Sandor informed her.

"Well... it's a surprise and I surprised you." Alice offered kindly.

"Alice..."

"Do you like it or not?" Alice countered. Sandor stared down at her, big blues eyes looking up at him.

"Yeah. I like it a lot." Sandor told her.

"Good..."

"Thank you Alice."

"You are very welcome." Alice said turning around but she couldn't help but hear his chuckle, it was deep in his throat. She spun back around. "What?" Alice asked her voice rising. "Can't I get my friend a gift to protect his head?"

"I didn't say anything." Sandor reminded her.

+

'You said we were going to Winterfell but we are headed in the wrong direction.' Tyrion remarked.

'I did and loudly.' Catelyn agreed.

'Very clever of you Catelyn... they'll be looking for me in all the wrong places but word has probably gotten to my father by now and he'll be offering a handsome reward.' Tyrion reminded the guards. 'Everyone knows a Lannister always pays his debts... would you be so good just untie me?'

'Why would I do that?' Catelyn questioned incredulously. Bronn was sharpening his sword looking over at the little lord he could get a nice penny off of returning him safely

'Why not?' Tyrion suggested 'am I going to run? the hill tribes would kill me for my boots unless a shadow cat-'

'Shadow cats and hill tribes are the least of your worries.' Catelyn assured him. Catelyn's life had been on its side since the moment Ned brought home Jon and now Ned was gone again. Catelyn didn't love her husband just as he didn't love her but she had wasted her children's youth trying to get Ned to love her now all she could see was Lannister red. She was going to get revenge. Taking all her anger out on Tyrion, he was the easiest of lions to catch.

'The eastern road...' Tyrion noted the trail ahead of them. 'we are going to the veil you're taking me to your sister to answer from my imagined crimes.' Tyrion said letting out a huff of a breath. 'tell me lady stark when was the last time you saw your sister?' tyrion asked

'Many years ago.' She admitted.

'She has changed. You should have asked Alice, she is a sweet thing but Lysa...' Tyrion informed her, 'she has always been a bit touchy but now you might as well kill me here.'

'I am not a murderer Lannister.'

'Neither am I.' Tyrion exclaimed. 'I have nothing to do with the attempt of your son's life.' Tyrion told her.

'The dagger found-'

'What imbecile arms an assassin with his own blade?' Tyrion reminded her.

'Can I gag him?' one of catelyns men suggested.

'Why am I starting to make sense?' tyrion questioned.