BONUS CHAPTER - On the Road

Start from the beginning

"I hate bitches."

"Mommy said a bad word!" Max yells and I chuckle.

"Mommy is a grown up." Brinley says before turning her attention back to me. "I miss you."

"Fuck, I miss you too." I grumble, closing my eyes. I'd been gone for two whole weeks.

"Maisie and I will pick you up from the airport in the morning. FaceTime me when you get back to the room?"

"Can't wait."

"Okay. I'll talk to you in a bit. Have fun. I love you."

"Bye Daddy!"

"Goodbye Dad!"

"Buh-bye Da da."

"Bye babies." I say before reluctantly hanging up.

"I don't know how you guys do it." Pierre says when I sit back down at the table.

"Do what?" I ask, scooting my chair up.

"Be tied down. I mean, you just spent two weeks away from your wife and kids." He gestures to James and I.

I shrug. "I love 'em. It sucks ass but, it doesn't matter because I love them and I know they'll be there when I get back."

James nods. "It is reassuring to know you have a family to go back to when you get home. I don't miss going home to an empty apartment at all."

I point to the blonde with a man bun. "One day, Pierre. You'll understand what we mean."

*

"Daddy! I got my Legos done!" Max exclaims, holding the phone up to his face.

I grin. "I can't wait to see it, buddy."

"It's really cool." My grin grows even wider at his excitement. "Did you tell Daddy goodnight?" I hear Brinley ask and I nearly snicker. Max avoids her gaze. "No. Goodnight Daddy." He says before his face disappears and I barely hear tiny footsteps receding.

I chuckle in amusement before Brinley's gorgeous face appears on the screen. "Hey there, stranger."

I groan. "It's been far too long."

"What do we have left, eight hours?"

"Too many hours, that's what." I drag my hand down my face in agony.

"Here's Charlie."

"Goodnight Daddy." Charlie yawns before smiling at me. Her blue eyes twinkle despite looking worn out.

"Night Sis."

"Maisie's already out." Brinley says as a bedroom door clicks shut. "Maximus you better be in bed."

The sound of faint yelling echoes through the phone. "I am! Tuck me in!"

"Give me a sec, baby." Brinley places her phone down somewhere and I'm left with a ceiling view. I sink down into the soft mattress, readjusting my pillows several times before deeming them comfortable. "Okay. Kids are in bed. Talk to me."