Chapter 9 - Fires & Hires

"Carlos, honey" shouted Seb "That's not possible at all."

"I'm telling you the truth Seb"

Carlos and Seb were in the cafeteria along with the entire drama club. They had been arguing for several minutes, but none of the others wanted to interfere in their conversation.

"There's no way that's true Carlos. A person can't have just one letter as a name."

"I swear. If you don't believe me, you should go to my house and see for yourself."

Carlos pulled out his phone and started looking for something special. Gina took this as an opportunity to approach Seb and ask about their discussion. Ashlyn showed interest likewise and the others were not far behind.

"Carlos says his uncle's name is V."

"Like the BTS guy?" asked Big Red.

"Do you like BTS?" Gina and Ashlyn asked at the same time.

"Not that much...it's just that Ash talks about them a lot and you learn things"

Gina nodded and Carlos returned his attention to his group of friends showing his phone. In the picture was him along with two men.

"The one on the right is my uncle Ruben, the one who lent us the theater. And the one on the left is my uncle V. That's his name."

They all looked at the photo carefully and between them, they all looked at each other. Carlos with a confused face looked up at Seb.

"What's wrong?"

"You know him?" asked Kourtney

"Yes, I told you he's my uncle, why are you all looking at me?"

"Because I know him" replied Kourtney "He comes over to my house sometimes and chats with my mom for hours."

"Me too, he's my mom's boss" interjected Gina.

"Your mom's boss?" asked Nini "He's Lola's friend, they have tea together and play stop"

"You know him?" asked Carlos incredulously.

"Yes!"

"That's... wow... I love him very much because he convinced my parents that he would pay for my first dance course, plus he got Barbara Streisand to send me a birthday greeting a few years ago."

This last statement caused a furor among the group. Carlos had a personalized birthday message and none of them had any idea why they all knew the man in the photo.

"You guys know him?" asked Seb to the Caswell cousins.

"Yes" replied EJ "He was in the hospital for a while while I was there too."

"Same as EJ, only I wasn't in the hospital."

Principal Gutierrez entered the cafeteria very hurriedly with a bundle of papers in his arms. He walked around the place, but one of the students bumped into him, and the papers scattered around the place. At the same time, Natalie and Kaden ran into the cafeteria. They sat down at the table and looked at the others.

"Something big is going on out there," said Natalie.

"Something big?" asked Seb

"Yes, there are four Suburbans parked outside" commented Kaden.

Natalie looked over to the table, where Carlos' phone was sitting with the picture still visible. She picked up the phone and frowned.

"You guys know him?" asked the girl

"Yes, apparently everyone here knows my uncle."

"I know him too," Natalie said very confidently "He's a mentor to my Aunt Lina. She was in the military."