Chapter 3 - Coffee Talks

EJ's POV:

"That'll be two large coffees, please," I said pulling my wallet out of my jacket.

"Gladly. Name?"

"EJ, thank you," I said after a few seconds.

Everyone calls me EJ and that name identifies me, but Elijah is a more personal name, a trusted name. Only my parents, Mr. Correll, and my grandmother usually call me Elijah.

"So that's your name...it's cute."

I turned to where I had heard the voice and saw Lily. The blonde girl who asked us for a picture days ago. It's weird because I think I know who she is like I've met her before. I don't know exactly where.

"Yes, that's the one" I replied

I don't want to start a conversation with her right now, not because I hate her, but because I'm here with someone and I can't stay and talk to her. Besides, at the auditions, she was looking at Ricky with a disgusted look on her face and that's not something I like.

"I hope you do a good show this term," said Lily.

"Thank you...?"

"I switched to North High."

Okay, I don't care. If you want to move to Alaska, I don't care. I have no intentions of being a rude person at this point, but I don't like the idea that she thinks she's superior for going to North High.

"There we have a great director."

"So do we. Miss Jenn has a curious method, but it has good results."

"That's questionable," she said rolling her eyes "Mr. Roy has been in big productions and knows how to put on a show."

"Ok, I hope your performance level is up to par."

"If you want, we can perform together. We can rehearse together."

Excuse me? I don't think so girl, you're obnoxious and boring. The only magic you have is that villain face that no one can escape from.

"I don't think so, I already have my acting partner."

"The child who stumbles as he walks?" he asked almost laughing.

Ok, now you're crossing the line. You can call me and my school, but not Ricky. I heard a girl yell my name and I walked up to the counter. I grabbed the two cups of coffee and turned around.

"Yes, him," I said with a serious tone "But he doesn't stumble when he walks. Don't you ever say anything against him again"

"I'll be here for when you want to come back" he shouted as he walked to a table.

I sat down, handed over the other coffee, and sipped mine.

"I hope I'm not a nuisance."

"Not at all, you said it was an urgency," I said looking at the person.

When Big Red told me he wanted to talk to me about urgent things, I didn't hesitate to say yes. He is Ricky's best friend and if I can help in any way, I will. Besides, he and I have a lot of things in common. I think we can understand each other.

"Ok...well," he said "As you know...Valentine's Day is very near and I want to organize something for Ashlyn."

"Something like what?" I asked

"I have several ideas, but I don't know which one is the right one to do." "Are you asking me for help?"

"Yes. You're her cousin and practically her best friend, I can't think of anyone else for this."