Flashback

I was sat in a chair in this big office.
The man who carried me here safely had told me to wait here for him as he had to do something.
I look around at the different men and woman who walked around.
Some had a uniform on and others didn't but they had a star around their neck.

A lady walks up to me.
"Hi my name is Camille." She was beautiful to me and she had a warm smile.
"I-I-I'm honey" I whispered "well honey how would you like to finally have a home and your own room?." She asked me.
I didn't answer her.
She might seem nice now but who's to say she won't beat me like mommy did.

I look around and I try to see if I can spot the nice man.
I see him in the distance so I get out my chair and run to him hugging his legs.

He looks down at me shocked.
He picks me up just as the woman walks over.
"Hi" she says and they kiss.
I was surprised.
"What's going on?" He asked
"I was just getting to know honey." She said

They look at me and I hide my face in the man's neck.
"Hank she deserves a loving home and we can give her that." She said to who I now know is hank.

"She does and that's why I been making calls so she can stay with us." He said

I was going to go home with hank and Camille.
I don't know how to feel about this.
What if he just saved me so they can do what mommy did?!.

Time skip

I had been staying with hank and Camille for some months now and I have met they're son Justin.

He's like my best friend even if he's younger than me.

"Hey honey mom made food." Justin said to me and I look up at him and smile.
"I'm coming Justin." I get down off my bed that I have here and grab his hand.

We walk downstairs and I see Camille is there with hank.

We sit down and start eating.
"So honey we have something we want to show you." Hank says and I look up at him confused.
"What is it?." I say lowly.

He grabs some papers and hand them to me.
I look at it and see my name.

I go wide eye as I see something added.

Honey Anika Kim voight

"I don't understand."

"We are adopting you honey to make you our child." Camille said.
I smile and get out my seat and hug her.
"This means honey is my big sister now?!." Justin was loud.
"Yes she's your big sister now." Hank says
"Yes!."

I had a family now.
One who won't hurt me.

Time skip some years.

I was at school waiting for Justin to come out the building so we could walk home as mom said she couldn't get us and dad was at work.

It's winter now and it's cold and of course Justin is taking all day.

I walk around to see if I can find him when I hear yelling.

I run over and see two boys fighting Justin.
"Justin" I run over and push the boy off him and punch the other one in the face.
I help Justin up and before I could say anything someone grabs me and I feel a pain in my lip.

Next thing I know all four of us is fighting.

"Hey hey stop this right now!." A voice yells out and I feel I'm being grabbed so I struggle to get lose.

The principal and some teachers had pulled us apart and was taking us into the school.

Me and Justin was sitting next to each other in the hallway waiting for someone to pick us up.

"We are in so much trouble" Justin said and I look at him.
He has a black eye and his lip is busted like mine.

"No we're not we were defending ourselves" I say and we hold hands.

I hear footsteps and see dad walking up with his partner Alvin Olinsky.

"Dad" me and Justin both start talking but dad shakes his head at us and go into the office.

"So what happened?." Alvin asked us.
"We got into a fight." Is all I said and then me or Justin didn't say anything else.

Afterwards we were in the car.
"Dad I had to step in they were jumping Justin and your the one who said to watch after my little brother and I did that!." I basically shouted.

I don't understand why he's so mad.
"I'm not mad at you two" he says and I realized I said my thought out loud.

"I'm mad at the school they should have suspended those two not you guys." He shakes his head.

Oh that response was not what I was expecting.

"I mean this could mess up your chances of that prize that you been working for." He adds and I nod.
You have to have honor-row and perfect attendance to get that $300, I been doing everything I could to get that money.
"It's okay as long as Justin is okay than I don't care about the prize." I shrug.

"But I feel bad that it's taken away from you." Justin said and I hug.
"I said I don't care it's fine" I say.