"Only if it rains, then most likely." He said looking over at me. A bright smile formed its way across my face.

"Mrs. Shay said that we had an 89% chance of rain this week." I told him. I can already see it, going to Grandma and Papa's house, building a snowman, or having a snowball fight.

I hopped out of the car when we pulled into my grandparents' driveway. quickly yanking open the front door and racing into the kitchen.

"Well, look at what we have here." I hear my grandpa's voice come from behind me.

I let out a small scream, knowing what was about to happen. My grandpa grabbed me, scooping me up in his arms before tickling me.

I kicked my feet as I cried with laughter. "No, no, no. Please, I can't breathe." I say between breaths.

"You're going to... kill me." My grandpa chuckled before putting me down. I lay on the floor trying to catch my breath after my grandfather's failed attempt at murder. "Oh, your evil, papa." He just chuckled, shaking his head.

"Meine Liebe." My grandpa said as he kissed my grandma's cheek. That is what he calls my grandma.

I don't know what he is saying, but she smiles at it, so I know it is something good because if it wasn't, she would hit him.

Pulling myself up from the floor and walking into the kitchen, I took a seat at the small table in the kitchen.

"What did papa say?" I ask my dad. He turns to look at me with a smile on his face. "He said my love in German. "I mouth an O.

"What is German?" Everyone burst into a pit of laughter while I just sat here with a confused look on my face.

Flashbacks ended.

Walking into the kitchen and taking a seat at the table. August looks over at me, a smile on his full lips.

"Good morning. I was just helping your grandma make breakfast." He says as he rolls the dough into small circles.

"He's a great baker. He has talent." "My grandma says as she puts bacon on a plate." I just smile at both of them.

I have noticed that I am not much of a talker once I wake up. One time August thought that I was mad at him, but it was just because I had just woken up.

I look around the kitchen, looking for my grandpa. "He went out back." August says, looking up from what he was doing.

I swear he can fucking read minds because he does this crap all of the time.

I nod and give him a small thanks before making my way to the back of the house. I'm looking at the shoe rack to see if my old shoes are still there from the last time I visited when I was sixteen. And lucky for me, they are.

I quickly slip on the shoes before making my way out back to find my grandpa. I spotted an unfamiliar shed.

Well, it looks more like a small house with a garage. As I get closer, I see only the bottom part of a body. My grandpa's leg sticks out from under the car.

Hearing the sounds of tools being used. "You shouldn't be down there, especially with your back." I say to him as I tap his foot.

I hear him grunt. "I never expected you to sound like your grandma." He shot back as he pushed out from underneath the car. I roll my eyes at his comment.

"Now help me up, kid." He orders. I laugh, shaking my head. taking my grandpa's outstretched hand and pulling him up.

Oil covers his clothes and now my hands. I grabbed a small rag to wipe my hands off.

"I missed you." I smiled at him and nodded in agreement. "So..." He drags himself out, and I almost regret coming to find him.

He wipes his hand on the white cloth, giving it a brownish-black color due to the oil that was on his hands.

Giving me the side eye before turning to look over at me. "August?" is all he says. He didn't have to say much for me to understand what he was asking.

My lips go into a line as I try to think, "The truth." He pointed a finger at me.

"That's the thing. I don't know." I sigh and grab the bridge of my nose. My grandpa raised his eyebrows and threw the dirty rag into the sink before leaning onto the counter.

He gives me a look that means he doesn't believe a single thing I am saying.

"I'm being serious, Papa. I don't know. I just know that he means something to me." I rush out, looking away from his intense stare.

When he doesn't say anything, I turn to face him again. His brows pinched together in a look of confusion.

"I thought you were together but didn't want to tell me." I laugh and shake my head. It only confuses him even more. "No...well kind of." I let out a frustrated sigh. Its confusing.

Very confusing.

"Ok, ok, I'll let you figure it out. But I like the kid." My grandpa said with a smile before patting my back as he leaves.

I turn and watch my grandpa make his way back to the house. leaving me outside with my confused thoughts.

Why the hell do relationships have to be so confusing?

I don't if I like this chapter but here it is anyways

Do you guys want to see more of Londons or August past?

How is everyone?

What's your favorite book? I need recommendations.