XX

time skip jyadia pov!

damn cant say im going to miss this place but ill miss my memories for sure. at least ill be able to make so many more with my girlfriend and friends. i love them so much im happy we all will be attending the same university, it almost sounded like a cliche.

it was about 6:00 in the morning and ken had slept over last night so we could get ready together. she slept so beautifully with her arms draped around my body. we had a lot to get done like my hair, makeup, and clothes. i'd gotten a fill in on my nails yesterday so this will suffice. i shook kenedy lightly to wake her up.

"hmm" she halfway yawned trying not to open her eyes and look at the sunlight.

"get up bae we have to get ready, its graduation day remember?" i said lightly because it was still early.

she got up and stretched, "yess omg my little valedictorian!" she yelled at me picking me up jumping all excitedly.

how'd i forget? i got valedictorian for my school it was honestly such a great accomplishment i couldn't fathom the amount of pressure i had to do to preform a good speech. id prewritten some things but i dont know i might wing it.

"are you hungry?" i asked ken.

"yeah we can get some food after we get ready" she said.

"okayyy" i said still happy and in shock.

i started working on my hair pressing the hot comb down the stray hairs. my install was flat and melted so it didnt take time to fix it up more. ken was going to do my makeup when she finished her shower.

when she got out she sat on my lap and started doing my makeup. it was little intimate things like this that i enjoyed when we did something totally unsexual but it was meaningful. i thought of her simply as my soultie.

"hey siri play 'she' by tyler the creator" she said to the speaker.

the song played and we hummed along to the lyrics continuing to get ready. her hair was also straight so she did hers once she was down.

after we ate we headed off to the school where we practiced how it was going to go and i reread my speech. shortly after people started to file in the football field as we took our places sitting down.

i hugged jules and dessa trying not to cry before we all sat down. you know how this part goes the people walk across the stage and blah blah. but now it was my turn to give my speech.

"through trials and tribulations highschool has been a tough route for me and many of my other classmates. were so grateful to have made it this far, studying through long end nights were painful and came with great reward. futhermore i'd like to congratulate everyone behind me on the stage and pray that they become greater." once i stopped talking the crowd cheered and clapped and i heard my mom loudest of all.

we all got off the stage and into the stands where they gave us the signal to throw our caps. there were tons of streamers , caps and even a little confetti in the air. everyone around me was hugging and cheering with friends. this was pretty much the end of the ceremony so i grabbed kenedy , dessa and jules so we could head to the parking lot.

our parents were waiting there with phones exposed forcing us into a group photo.

"ouuu get one of just my babies!" dessa's aunt yelled out referring to me and her. we took lots of pictures and even some for distant relatives.

we moved over so ken's mom could take some of just us too. i was far too excited grinning from ear to ear. 

we walked farther into the parking lot taking even more pics of just us captioning them "the end of an era caps off to 2022."

🎓🤍

not proofread! enjoy guys <333