Chapter 24

Shouta looked eerily calm as he stared down, raising an eyebrow at what he walked into. Nemuri put herself in front of Hizashi, shielding him.

“I expected to see you here sometime soon.”

“I was you that did this to him.” She spat, trying her best to soothe Hizashi who was now violently crying in her arms.

Toshinori stepped up, putting himself in between them, understanding what exactly had happened. He looked so frail. What was he doing? By now his quirk would have been gone entirely, right? He’d been unable to use it before Hizashi was taken…

“Zashi. Come on, let's go back home. You aren’t fit to be alone. You can’t be stealing drugs and breaking into places.” Shouta deadpanned, knowing that Hizashi never wanted anybody knowing about that. He was trying to humiliate him back into his grasp. He’d stop if Hizashi came.

He’s losing this battle. What a weak, desperate move.

“He isn’t going anywhere with you,” Nemuri retorted, staring at Shouta in disgust. “I knew it was you. This whole time. You’re the one who took out the key parts of the forces. You killed those heroes.”

“Zashi. Up. Let’s go,” he ordered, ignoring Nemuri completely.

“Aizawa,” Toshinori said warily, unsure whether or not to make a move. “What are you-”

He was immediately silenced by Shouta, who had trapped him in a precise grip, something that he’d always been an expert at. He held a knife to his neck in the blink of an eye, activating his quirk on everyone in the room, most still being too shocked to move.

NO!” Hizashi yelled out, trying to stand up to stop Shouta from hurting his friend. He was too weak, though. Nemuri kept him held back.

“You should let him make his own choices, Kayama.” Shouta said, pressing his knife down on Toshinori’s throat harder, sliding it back and forth, drawing blood.

“Aizawa, you won’t make it out of here. It’s an entire school full of heroes against you.”

“You clearly need to be more careful in your decisions, Kayama.” Shouta said with an eerie grin, completely slitting Toshinori’s throat, then plunging the knife down his whole torso and abdomen, appearing to stab his dick repeatedly too, for whatever reason. “They could hurt people.”

TOSHI!” Hizashi screamed again, sobbing and he watched his friend fall to the floor, frozen at how quickly he watched him get mutilated.

“That’s yours to live with,” Shouta said nonchalantly, twirling the knife in his hands. “So are Zashi’s lovely scars. Each one, because of something you did, Kayama. Crazy to think that he’d still be flawless if it weren’t for you.”

Shouta looked down at Hizashi while still keeping an eye on the other heroes in the room. “Let’s try this again, yes? Hizashi, if you come back to me now, I won’t be mad at you, and we’ll pretend this never happened. And everyone else here lives.”

Hizashi didn’t move. He wanted to so badly, just to make all of this stop. But Nemuri wouldn’t release him, and he couldn’t will his body to move.

“What do I need to do to convince you, huh?” he eyed Nemuri maliciously, angling the tip of the knife at her.

“She’s all you have left, right? Your last… connection. Her and I, of course.” He took a step forward, eyes still glowing a deep crimson. “I should’ve done this a while ago, but I kept her alive for you, Zashi. If you don’t come now, she dies and you’re coming with me anyway.”

Vlad king stepped up, clearly about to go hand to hand with Shouta, as his quirk was still canceled.

no… stop…” Hizashi pleaded, voice cracking as he watched Shouta tear Vlad to shreds the second he tried to stop him. Even with all his muscle and bulk, Shouta’s technicality and precision was undefeated.

“I’m getting annoyed, Zashi. I have everything you need at home and more, since you took what used to be there all for yourself, just like you used to.”

“What the hell does that mean?” Nemuri hissed, trying to match Shouta’s intensity.

“Oh, Zashi didn’t tell you?” he chuckled, amused at the humility and guilt on Hizashi’s face. “I thought you two were so close.”

“Stop it, Sho,” Hizashi begged, wiping his eyes. “You’ve done enough.” He felt sick to his stomach, watching the blood from his friends pooling closer to him.

“Clearly not,” he replied, walking closer to him and Nemuri, knife in hand, before shifting and bolting towards them with an almost desperate look in his eye as his ‘play it cool’ facade dropped more and more.

Before Hizashi could think, he reached for the gun around his waist and fired two shots directly into Shouta’s chest. He stared with wide eyes as he comprehended what he’d just done, dropping the gun immediately.

Nemuri screamed, and Hizashi stared into Shouta’s eyes as he fell to his knees in front of him, mere inches away from having stabbed Nemuri. She finally let go of Hizashi, wiping the blood off of her face as Shouta stayed where he was, looking shocked. Confused. Hurt.

“...Za..shi?” He gasped, realizing what his lover had just done, allowing his hair to fall and eyes to go back to their usual deep black. “You-”

“Sho- I- no- NO- I’m- I didn’t-” Hizashi cried out, scrambling over to Shouta and holding him up with all the force he could, realizing the caliber of what he’d just done.

He shot his best friend in the heart, twice.

Shouta put a shaky hand to Hizashi’s cheek, dropping the knife as he did so, eyes starting to lose their light.

It’s okay,” Shouta murmured, eyes softening. “I’m… not mad…”

Hizashi couldn’t make himself speak, feeling himself start dry heaving as tears flooded down his face.

Hey… I love you, Zashi. You’re… perfect.”

With that, he laid down on the ground, letting out a shuddery breath as she smiled up at Hizashi, black eyes fading into a gentle gray, letting his hand slowly fall from his lover’s face.