15

JUNGKOOK POV

I knew that you could be in labor for a long time with your first baby but I'd secretly hoped I'd be some miracle case where the whole thing would be over in a few hours.

No such luck.

Thirty-six hours in and the doctor was still saying to give it a few more hours before we started discussing a C-section.

"You and the baby are healthy." he said. "I know you want this to be over but you'll be happy we waited, Trust me."

So, I waited.

Four more hours past before the doctor said it was time to start pushing.

I broke down into sobs because deep in my heart, I hoped that Jimin would show up and find a way to make this all right.

But Christmas was still a couple of months away, so I wasn't getting any wishes granted that day.

I'd thought he was my Christmas miracle but I'd been so wrong.

Or was I?

Just as they were setting me up to push, Jimin burst through the door, sweaty and breathless.

"I didn't miss it?" he shouted and then immediately burst into sobs.

"I don't want you here." I said.

I did want him there but I was so wounded.

"Should I call security?" The nurse shot Jimin a death glare.

"I can have this handled."

"Please, baby." Jimin pleaded.

"Please let me stay for the birth of our baby girl and to plead my case, Once she's born and healthy, if you still want me to leave, I'll go."

"Fine." I said.

"But I have no idea how you're going to make this right."

He was about to say something else and then a contraction hit.

"Okay, let's bring baby Ari into the world." the doctor said.

I was determined not to let Jimin hold my hand but by the time I'd pushed for the third time, I was clinging to him so hard that I swear I heard the bones in his hand pop. He didn't complain.

"You said you were going to plead your case" I said in the few seconds between contractions.

"Don't you want to wait until this is over?" he asked.

"No, I don't want to wait." I said before another contraction kicked in.

"What reason could I possibly have to take you back?"

"I don't just have one reason."he said with a smirk.

"I have two billion."

"What?" I asked. "Owwweee!"

"I sold the company to the Japanese investor." he said.

"I got there and realized that nothing was more important than you and Ari so instead of merging, I sold for two billion dollars and a promise that they would keep the Korean side of the company's workforce intact."

"I got the money and all of my people get to keep their jobs."

"One more big push." the doctor said. "You're almost there."

"Holy shit." I said. "Really?"

"Really," Jimin said before kissing my forehead.

"But you can't just quit working, You loved your business."

"I've got two billion dollars to start something else but it will be something much smaller that leaves time for my family."

And that was the end of the conversation.

The last contraction hit and Ari was born.

"Here is your baby girl."the nurse said as she put her into my arms.

"Ari, Ari." I said.

I laid her against my chest and tears began to run down my face.

Jimin put his hand on our baby's back and we were one.

It was the most amazing feeling of my life.

__________________________________