"I didn't want to go to the bar."

"I didn't want to have this discussion at a bar, I made an appointment with your assistant because I wanted to make sure we could have a private conversation."

"You said yourself that your work is everything, I figured this was the best way to get to you."

"Well, you're here now." I said shortly. "What do you want?"

I really didn't mean to be so rude but I had to be.

What I wanted more than any thing was to yank him out of that chair and kiss him but that was both inappropriate and unsettling.

Being in the same room with him again, my attraction to Jungkook undeniable and I couldn't give in.

He needed to say whatever it was he came to say and then go away before I did something stupid like ask him out on a date.

"What I want is to tell you important information." he said after clearing his throat.

"I am sorry that I bothered you at work but this is a significant matter."

"Well, you're here and I'm listening." I said.

"I'm pregnant," Jungkook said.

"There, I said it."

"I've been rehearsing that since I made the appointment but that wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be."

He relaxed a bit but it felt like the floor fell out from under me.

I'd worked so hard to make sure that I always felt in control and in thirty seconds Jungkook had set my whole world spinning.

Bile rose up in my throat and I had to take a few deep breaths.

"Are you all right?" Jungkook stood up and tried to take my hand from across the desk but I yanked it back.

"I'm fine." I said flatly.

"You just caught me off guard is all, You said you weren't fertile."

"If I'd known that you were, I could have gotten my doctor to prescribe you the morning-after pill."

"Did you do this on purpose? Were you looking for a meal ticket?"

"It's not like that," he said. "I wasn't in heat."

"You brought me into it."

"That means..." I said and trailed off.

I guess I thought that mates weren't real or that they were something that happened to someone else, I believed that if I ignored it, I wouldn't have one.

It was a ridiculous belief but it made sense at the time given how focused I was on running my company.

"It means that I'm your mate,"he said and I could hear the tinge of hope in his voice.

I felt pain in my chest at the thought of hurting him but it was what I had to do, I did not have time for a baby or a mate.

The best thing I could do for them was to keep moving forward with my career and provide them with financial security and comfort.

"I'll have my lawyer get in touch with you by end of business today." I said.

"Your lawyer?" Jungkook was confused. "I don't understand."

"You don't believe me."

"I believe you." I said. "My lawyer will provide you with a support agreement and a visitation agreement too."

"I'll hire a nanny for you and to help me with the baby when I have parenting time."

"You and the baby's every need will be provided for."

I knew that I sounded cold and clinical but I had to draw the line.

If I started letting my emotions get involved, I'd do something stupid.

I hadn't wanted a family but any child of mine would have the best of everything.

In order to provide that, I had to make as much money as possible I would not risk my child's financial future.

"Everything except his need for a father." Jungkook snapped.

"It's a boy?" I asked a little too quickly.

I had to dial it down or Jungkook would see my weakness for him.

"I don't know."

"It's way too early for that."

"I guess I just started to think of him that way."

"Boy or girl, you and the baby will have everything you need."

"I will see the child as much as I can while still ensuring his financial future."

"I see." he said. "Let me get you my number for your lawyer, I'll give you my address too in case you need to mail me anything."

I passed him a notepad and pen and watched as Jungkook wrote down his information.

It took him getting pregnant with my child for me to get his phone number.

He'd had to contact me through my work But I hadn't told him where I worked.

"How did you find out where I worked?" I asked.

"I don't think I ever told you."

"I went to the bar."

"None of the bartenders would tell me where you worked but there was an old guy in there who told me."

"Don't be mad at him, though."

"He was really drunk."

"That would probably be Old Hank." I said. "He's been going to that bar since I was a kid."

"Why didn't you just come to my apartment? The doorman would have called up."

"I did come to your apartment."

"Five times."

"I left messages with your doorman but apparently you don't actually look at those." he said.

"That's when I gave up and came here."

"Oh," I said. "Well, let me give you my attorney's name and number, If you need anything for the baby, you can call him."

"You want me to call your attorney if I need anything for your child?"

"Yes That's the best way to make sure your needs are met."

"I've very busy and I'd hate to think of you two going without because I didn't check a message."

"Well, I guess that's every thing."he said and bit his bottom lip. "Thank you for seeing me."

He was about to cry and my heart thundered painfully in my chest.

Some sort of protective instinct that I'd never felt before rose up inside of me but I was able to force it back down.

I was doing what was best.

I had to keep doing what was best but I wished he could understand.

"Jungkook." I said softly.

"No." he said and fled from my office.

___________________________________