Something ventured, some kids framed

Start from the beginning

Eileen mumbles.

Bo: I don't know what to believe in anymore.

Boy: My faith in Gus has been broken.

Gus walks backwards into the chalkboard. He looks at a newspaper clip with a picture of both Luz and AJ on it.

Gus: What if I brought in not one, but two experts?

Mattholomule: Yeah, right. Who can you find that's a bigger human expert than any of us?

Gus: How about two real humans?

Eileen mumbles.

Bo: Why the secrets?

Boy: Show don't tell, man.

Mattholomule: Yeah. Uh-huh. A-And you've never brought your friends here. Why?

Gus: Well, they're busy. They have a job. But I'll bring them in tomorrow. They'll prove I'm right.

Mattholomule: *Scoffs* Ah, sure you will, Augustus. Sure you will.

Gus grows visibly nervous.

Cut to the Owl House living room, where Luz, AJ and Eda are rummaging through boxes. King is laying on the couch's arm rest and Gus is standing in front of Luz.

Luz: Gus, we'd love to go to school with you, but I don't know how we can. *Points to hers and AJ's banned posters that are hanging on the wall behind her* Principal Bump banned us from Hexside.

AJ: I would just go to socialize instead of learning anything to be Honest. But-

Eda: But nothing. Bump did you two a favor. There ain't nothing for either of you at that dweebus factory. *To Gus* No offense, dweebus.

Gus: It's okay. I come from a long line of dweebuses.

Luz slams the box she's holding down, making it clatter. She stands and looks at Eda.

Luz: Well, I would love to go some day. Better than unpacking boxes in the Eda Coven.

Eda: Oh, you think you're clever, huh? *Stands*

King: Ooh! Fight, fight, fig- Hmph!

AJ covers his mouth.

Eda: Thank you. First off, it's the "Bad Girl Coven" and second off, I guess you don't want in on the T-shirt order, huh?

She pulls out a piece of paper with a t-shirt drawn on it as rock music plays.

AJ: *Inspecting the drawing* Can we change the color?

Eda: You sure as stinkin' can!

Luz: I don't care about T-shirts, Eda! I want to learn magic, *Gestures to Gus* and they teach that at Hexside!

Eda: I mean, yeah, well- *Grunts, leaving* I don't wanna hear another word about Hexside, unless it's "Hexside is on fire" and "let's grab front row seats"!