034

Emily's POV

I get woken up by the sound of someone leaving the bed I'm sleeping in. I wait for them to leave before I open my eyes, realizing I'm in Eddie's room. In his fucking bed.

I look under the blanket and I'm still fully dressed. That's a good sign. I reach over for my backpack, it's laying on the floor. My phone is in the front pocket, grabbing it I turn it on. The time reads 9:37. I have a missed text from Max asking where I was at because I was suppose to go to hers last night.

Emily: at Eddie's oops

Max: there's no fucking way

Emily: okay if I come over soon?

Max: yeah I wanna know everything

I turn my phone off and shove back in my back pack when the bedroom door opens, it's Eddie.

"Sorry if I woke you." He apologizes, sitting down on his bed next to me.

"It's okay."

"How are you feeling? You were pretty high last night." He half laughs.

"Great actually, I feel amazing." I smile, "Best I've slept in a while."

"Weed will do that to you." Was it the weed? Or was it sleeping next to Eddie? Usually I wake up several times a night, mostly from nightmares. "Also apparently it makes you very whiny."

"Sorry." I apologize remembering all the things I did last night. Like begging Eddie to get in the bed with me.

"You begged me to have a 'sleepover bestie'." He says the last part imitating me. Yeah I did that, I kinda don't regret it though.

"Sorry."

"Don't apologize." He says resting his hand on my leg, "It was cute."

Blushing I say, "More like annoying."

"Nope." He smiles, "Are you hungry or thirsty or something?"

"Nope."

"You need to eat. You didn't have dinner last night." He's right, I had assumed we were gonna order pizza again so I didn't eat before I came over. Last time I ate was lunch time yesterday.

"I guess I can eat, what do you have in mind?"

"Waffles."

"You're gonna make waffles?" I ask, not believing this man is capable of such.

"Throw 'em in the toaster, they come frozen."

"I didn't know waffles came frozen." I explain.

"We'll now you gotta have some, come on." He says getting up and motioning me to follow him. Standing up I feel kinda naked now. I grab the hoodie I brought with me and throw in on quickly.

"You cold?" Eddie asks when he sees me enter the kitchen.

"A little." I lie. He goes and messes with the thermostat.

"Should be warmer soon." He explains heading for the freezer. He pulls out a small yellow box, labeled eggos. "See waffles." He shows off the box before pulling out the waffles and popping them in the toaster.

I sit down at the kitchen table. It's covered in mail and miscellaneous crap. The smell of coffee feels the room. "That smells good."

"You want a cup?" He asks.

"I've never had coffee." He looks at me offended.

"You've never had coffee? I don't believe that." He laughs.

"Dad said it wasn't for me, never let me. Always thought it smelled so good though." I explain, Eddie's face goes from being offended to saddened.

"Try some." He hands me a coffee cup. I take a sip and spit it back out.

"That's disgusting." I wipe my tongue on my sleeve trying to get the bitter taste off. Eddie laughs at me.

"Try it with some creamer."

"Some what?" I ask confused. I watch as he goes into the fridge and pulls out a bottle of 'French Vanilla' creamer. He pours out the cup of coffee I spat back into and refills it with more coffee. Then pours a little creamer inside the cup.

"Try it now." He passes me the cup, I take a sip. It's so much better now.

"It's good now." I take another sip. Eddie pulls the waffles out of the toaster and throws two more I.

"Good." He gets two plates, two forks and syrup."We don't normally use the kitchen table." He says pushing stuff out of the way to set our plates down. I look down at my plate as Eddie sits down. I watch Eddie put syrup on his waffles, I copy him. He uses his fork to cut it up so I do the same.

Taking a bite, I speak with my mouth open. "This is so yummy. Thank you."

"No problem." I keep eating, I notice Eddie's watching me eat rather then eating.

"Are you gonna eat?" I ask.

Laughing he says, "Yeah."

-

After breakfast I go into Eddie's room shutting the door behind me. I change into a t-shirt and Jean shorts I brought for today. I shove all my things back in my backpack. I check my phone and I have a missed call from Mom. I quickly call her back.

"Hey mom," I say once she picks up, "Sorry I was eating breakfast."

"It's okay sweetheart. Just calling to let you know to get ahold of Richard to pick you up when you're ready. I got called into work." She explains.

"Okay. Thank you."

"Love you Emily."

"Love you." She hangs up.

I walk out of Eddie's room, he's sitting on the couch watching tv. He looks up at me and smiles.

"I think I'm gonna go to Max's house now."

"Oh okay." I think he sounds kinda disappointed.

"But we should hangout again." I smile.

"Yeah. We should." He agrees.

"Another sleepover bestie?" I joke.

"Yes." He laughs standing up to walk me out. He opens the front door. Just as I'm about to leave I turn back around and give him a hug.

"Thank you," I mumble into his chest.

"For what?" He asks, hugging me back.

"Being so nice to me. Maybe even if I don't deserve it." With my arms still wrapped around him, he used one hand to life my chin up so I'm looking up at him.

"You do deserve it." He says. I just hug him harder for a few more seconds before pulling away.

"Bye Eddie."

"Bye." He grins shutting the front door. With that I make my way to Max's house.