Mr. Fish sticks aye aye aye

Start from the beginning

            “Come on Montgomery, I wanna meet the fam,” Louis whined.

            “Ok, but I warned you.

            I turned down another hallway that actually widened to become the kitchen. The kitchen was set up so that the appliances and countertops were on the three walls. Then in the big open space in the middle, stood an Island that had even more counter space and a bar area for people to sit at. Across from that there was a long table where most of my family sat at talking. It was all so open. Beyond the table sat the large living room area. The arrangement was nice because the person cooking could still hold a conversation with the people at the table and in the other room.

            When I walked into the room the shouting became clear. “Jono I swear to god if you come near me with that thing I’ll take you down.” That was unmistakably the voice of my Uncle Mitchell.

            My 22 year old cousin’s contagious cackle filled the kitchen. “You mean like this?” Jono (A/N: If you’re wondering, his name’s pronounced John-o) taunted as he thrust a greasy spatula at my Uncle’s gut. Of course the rest of my family sat unphased at the usual occurrence taking place in the kitchen.

            Jono was on one side of the island and my uncle was on the other as they moved side-to-side trying to chase each other.

            “Ah, Uncle Mitchell’s greatest weakness… the greasy spatula,” I said surprising everybody as they turned around to face me, smiles breaking out on their faces.

            “Lex!” Jono said as he walked toward me wrapping me in a big hug still with the spatula in hand.

            Uncle Mitchell, being the next closest, was the next to pull me to him. “Hey Lex how’s it going,” he said with a laugh and a cheery smile.

            My grandma, or Nanny as we called her, was next. “Oh ho, you sweet thing come here.” And she pulled me into a bone-crushing hug.

            Eventually everybody had hugged Jen and I and the attention was now turned to the five boys standing awkwardly in the doorway.

            “And who would these fine young men be?” Joe, Jono’s boyfriend, asked with a raised eyebrow. Jono thumped him in the back of the head; Joe shrugged and said, “What? They’re hot.”

            Louis spoke up and said, “Why thank you! I’m flattered.”

            Joe smiled at him and turned to Jono and said, “And British too. I call dibs on all of them.”

            The boys shifted uncomfortably, but I knew Joe was only joking. “Well you can’t have all of them!” I protested, “This one’s mine.” I said as I wrapped my arm around Harry’s waist and pulled him closer to me. My family all knew about Harry but they had never actually met him.

            “Hi. I’m Harry,” He said sticking his hand out to my grandma who immediately pulled him into a hug.

            The rest of the boys went through introducing themselves and I took it as my cue to introduce my family. “Alright, well you know Uncle Mitchell, Jono, Joe and my Nanny.” I said pointing the four people who had stood out the most in our short time here. “And that’s my Auntie Lori, My cousin Ben and his girlfriend Christine.” I turned to Nanny, “When are my mom and dad coming? Oh and when is Uncle Simon getting here?

            “Well you know you’re dad. He wanted to stop at some national park on the drive up, so they should get here tomorrow. As for Uncle Simon he’ll probably get here a couple days before Christmas. Now enough standing around go find your rooms. It’s already late and I want everybody well rested for tomorrow.”