imperfections of a dying horse

-Chapter 22-

Harry’s POV

            “Rock. Paper. Scissors. Shoot!”

            “Hahahaha I win again,” Niall proclaimed as he brought his fist down on my scissored hands.

            “Ugh Niall, I don’t understand why you are so good at this.”

            “It takes practice mate… what do you think I do on planes when you guys all fall asleep?”

            “You sit there and play rock paper scissors by yourself?” I asked raising an eyebrow.

            “Hey don’t judge! You’re not the one with the winning streak.”

            So far, since we had woken up we had been driving for about 4 hours, which made it about three in the afternoon. We had already watched a movie, so now everybody was just trying to entertain themselves. Zayn had again fallen asleep, Jen and Alex were talking, Liam was talking to Dani on the phone, and Louis was coloring. I get it. ‘Isn’t Louis a bit old to be coloring?’ I said coloring, I didn’t say what he was coloring... From the looks of it, this masterpiece would turn out to be a woman with three boobs and a penis coming out of her head. We all knew Louis was a child, but he still managed to surprise us all every once in a while.

            “Hey Freddie? Can we stop and get a shamrock shake?” Jen asked the driver.

            He called back, “Are you serious? We just got one like two hours ago.”

            Niall stood up for his girlfriend and said, “Hey Freddie! You simply do not understand how much pure perfection is put into a shamrock shake. And the fact that they are only available for like three months of the year simply requires at least one a day.”

            “Exactly!” Jen yells.

            “Fine, fine, fine. We’ll stop at the next McDonalds,” Freddie mumbled.

            Jen and Niall turned to each other and high-fived with smiles plastered across their faces. Everyone went back to their perspective positions, mine being infatuated with my phone and twitter.

            A loud, rhythmic, tapping filled the bus. I looked down to see Alex and Jen sitting across from each other on the floor with two cups placed between them. They began tapping them and picking them up, only to switch them in the end creating an ongoing cycle.

            We all stared at them wordlessly, like a 3 year old would at bubbles, captivated by their movement.

            “Hey,” Liam spoke up. “You guys know that cup thing? From Pitch Perfect, Right?”

            Alex looked up breaking her concentration. “Yeah it is. Do you know it?”

            “Well I’ve seen the movie, but I don’t know how to do it.”

            Alex looked around at all of us who were still staring with curiosity at her moving hands; she hadn’t stopped even when talking.

            “Well I want to learn.” I said. Niall nodded his head in agreement.

            A now half awake Zayn said, “I suppose I have nothing better to do, count me in.”