Mr. Fish sticks aye aye aye

-Chapter 23-

Alex’s POV

            “You’re doing that thing again,” Harry whispered in my ear.

            I was drumming my fingers on my thigh probably playing some piece on the piano without really meaning to. “Sorry.”

            “No no, don’t stop. I think it’s cute. I was just pointing it out because I know you do that when you’re nervous.”

            “Oh ok.”

            “So?” he asked me.

            “So what?” I asked back.

            “So what are you nervous about?"

            I sighed. We were sitting on the bus. Suitcases and been brought to the front of the bus and everybody seemed to be preoccupied on their phones. We were literally minutes away from the house my grandma had rented in the heart of downtown Chicago. “I’m not necessarily nervous…” Harry gave me a look to continue. “It’s just been a couple of months since I’ve seen everyone so I’m just anxious to see everybody. You see, my family is really close, so this is actually the longest I’ve really gone without seeing them. Even when I was living in New York.”

            “You’re nervous? I’m the one meeting my girlfriend’s entire family over Christmas.”

            “Yeah, it’s a shame that you guys couldn’t go home.”

            Harry gave me a look of fake hurt, “Are you saying you don’t want us here?”

            I shook my head rapidly and turned so that my whole body was facing him and my hand rested on his leg. “No! I’m glad you’re here. I just know that I would feel a bit sad if I wasn’t with my family over the holidays.”

            “I know. It is a little sad, but I mean I’ll still talk to them and stuff and we exchanged presents before we left. As bad as it is to say it, I’m kind of used to not being there for some of the important stuff. But I just love being on tour so much I feel guilty about not regretting it sometimes.”

            “Oh babe! It’s ok. You have me yeah? And my family will love you. Just know that they like to… mess around.”

            Harry laughed and kissed my forehead. “Yeah. I have you.”

            “Alright! We’re here. See you losers in two weeks,” Freddie joked as the bus came to a standstill.

            I squealed and jumped off of the couch, “Come on guys hurry up!!!!! I want to get inside.” Without waiting for them, I grabbed my bag and walked out of the doors and up to the red brick house we were parked in front of.

            I was bouncing up and down in front of the door when Harry came up from behind me and wrapped his free arm around my waist. “Chill out Babe, just take a deep breath.”

            I sucked in a huge breath and then dramatically blew it out in Harry’s face. “Good?” I asked.

            “Good”

            I heard Jen from behind us, “Ugh, I haven’t seen everybody in so long. Get a move on up there.”

            I nodded my head and pushed the door open not bothering to knock. “HEEELLLLLOOOOO” I called into the empty foyer. I heard shouting coming from down the hall and started in that direction. Suddenly I stopped and turned to the boys, “One, remember the rules.” I had set rules. Things they weren’t allowed to say, thing’s they weren’t allowed to do, but above all they were not to tell the story of how Harry and I actually met, considering I technically wasn’t even legal in America and I did not need to be shamed by my family. “And two, whatever we are about to walk in on… do not be alarmed this is all normal in my family.”