NYC (part 3)

-Chapter 20-

Jen’s POV

            “Would you just sit still!?” I yelled at Alex.

            “Umm…  NO.” she said bouncing up and down in her seat. She had taken a power nap and was now bursting with energy.

            “If you don’t settle down, I might ‘accidently’ burn you on the neck with this straightener,” I warned her.

            She immediately settled down. “Meanie,” she mumbled under her breath.  I was helping her get ready for her date with Harry, which would be taking place in about an hour.

            I set the straightener down on the vanity that the hotel provided and helped her out of the chair. “Ok, so do you know what you’re wearing?” I asked her.

            “Nope,” she said popping the ‘p’ as she fell back on the bed.

            I flopped down next to her, “Well, do you know where he’s taking you?”

            She scoffed, “He’s ‘Harry Styles’ Jen! Of course I don’t know where he’s taking me. He insists on being all romantic and spontaneous.”

            I hit her arm, “Awwwwww, you can pretend to not care about it all you want, but I know you love it.”

            She blushed and pulled herself up from the bed making her way over to her suitcase overflowing with clothes. “Come on! Let’s find me something to wear.” I groaned but joined her.

            Suddenly the door opened and Harry walked in. “Hey Babe,” he said as he walked over to Alex who was kneeling on the floor and kissed her.

            I sighed looking at them. I wish I had somebody who loved me that much. I just wanted Niall to ask me out so bad already. Sometimes it took all I had not to grab him by the collar and say, “I LOVE YOU! DO YOU LOVE ME BACK?” And then kiss him. I mean he had to understand that I like him.

            “You know?” Alex said to Harry, “It would be so much easier to pick out something to wear if you told me where we were going…”

            He laughed and made his way over to his own suitcase picking out some clothes for himself. “Wear something casual but a bit nicer than like sitting around,” he said as he made his way to the door. “Oh and dress warm,” he added with a wink before completely leaving the room.

            “Ok, well that helps a lot,” I said as I picked out a top and some pants.

Alex’s POV

            After some time, I was seated back on the chair finishing my make up for my date. I had already changed, and Jen had braided my hair back. I took a step back to look my self over before Harry came to get me. Everything looked good to me except for one strand of hair that had let my natural wave creep it’s way back into it. I picked up the straightener and fixed the imperfection. I shut it off and put it back down, but not before realizing that there was a rectangular shaped scorch mark on the white wood. “JEN?” I yelled, “Did you have this on the whole time?”

            “Maybe…” she said sheepishly.

            I looked her dead in the eye waving the straightener in her face, “Jen. You. Have. A. Problem.” This was not the first time this had happened. I swear one day she was going to burn down a house… or hotel room in our situation.