regrets

-Chapter 12-

*In that one moment*

Niall’s POV

            “so you’re not pregnant then Alex?” I asked out loud. She stared at me eyes wide. I looked around me to see all of the boys and Jen also starring at me. Oh Shit I totally just said that out loud. I looked at Alex and pleaded with my eyes for her forgiveness. I felt Jen’s hand tighten in mine and I knew that I had just screwed up big time.

Louis’ POV

            I heard the words fly out of Niall’s mouth very nonchalantly.  I think I realized what he said before he did. Oooo Niall is really in for it now I thought to myself. I saw fear flash across his face after a moment as he clamped his hand over his mouth. I felt Harry stiffen in his spot next to me.

Alex’s POV

            Niall said those six words and I felt my jaw drop and my eyes trained on him boring holes into his skull. I looked around. Louis was looking at Niall, Zayn was trying not to laugh, and Liam had a look that almost portrayed fear as he looked between me, Niall and Harry. Oh shit Harry! I looked at him and his eyes were glazed over. I was going to tell him, don’t get me wrong, I just didn’t want him to find out like this. Especially not before I got a chance to explain myself.

Harry’s POV

            I was wondering if maybe I hadn’t heard correctly but judging by the look on Alex’s face, I hadn’t. Surprisingly this isn’t what shocked me the most, it was the fact that it seemed like all of the boys… and Jen… knew about this, but I, perhaps the person that was most involved, had been told nothing. Not only had I been neglected, but I had been lied to. At first I felt confused as to why she would lie to me, then I felt hurt. I almost wanted to cry I felt so hurt. She hurt me. This thought mad me angry, almost livid. I stood up and looked at Alex. I whispered, “You thought you were pregnant and you didn’t tell me?” Her eyes got wide. I saw everybody around us simultaneously get up and ‘go to sleep’.

            She answered me, “No… well sort of. Harry I can explain.” She wasn’t even going to deny it. I just shook my head. I felt so betrayed by somebody who supposedly loved me. Nobody who loved someone would put them through this much pain.

“You lied to me Alex.” I spat.

“No Harry I didn’t lie to you.” And now she was lying about this.

“Yes you did,” I yelled “You told me nothing was wrong when there obviously something that was. And you told me you loved me and that was the biggest lie of all.”

“Harry why can’t you see that I didn’t tell you right away because I love you.” She yelled back. Lies they were all lies. I couldn’t trust her anymore. I bet now she was just going to tell me anything so that I wouldn’t leave her.

“Oh really? Then how come everybody else but me knew? Huh Alex?” I questioned her.

“Harry they all just figured it out, I swear, I would never go behind your back like that.” She whispered in an attempt to calm me down.

Well that was not going to happen because I was beyond furious. “Well, what would you have done if you were pregnant, would you have told me at all?” She just gulped and nodded her head. I hadn’t realized it, but I had slowly been walking toward her and she was now cornered into a wall. “Yeah right, you’re just a self centered bitch who never had any good intentions. You just make a mess of everything you touch.” I spat. I noticed silent tears streaming down my face. She reached up to wipe my tears away, but I slapped her hand away and she clutched it to her chest. How could she still be so kind toward me while I was being such a dick to her. No, I couldn’t let myself think like that. Harry she lied to you. She never loved you. You dodged a bullet with this one. A little voice in the back of my head told me. A look of fear was spread across her face as I leaned forward. My face was now inches from hers as I said the words that I regretted the moment I spoke them, “I’m glad this happened. It’s really been a wake up call for me. I now realize how much I don’t want to be with you.” That was possibly the biggest lie I had ever told. I felt my heart break as I watched her face change. Her eyes got big as she looked at me. Tears were streaming down her face and she looked at me with the saddest expression. She recovered quickly as that face was soon overtaken by pure anger.

She pushed my back by my chest. She picked up the nearest thing to her right, which happened to be a plate, and chucked it at my head. I ducked narrowly missing the projectile aimed at my face. She screamed in the midst of her sobs, “I’M GLAD TOO HARRY, BECAUSE I DON’T KNOW ANYONE IN HELL WHO WOULD WANT TO RAISE A CHILD WITH YOU.” Her words stung because I knew they were true. Suddenly her voice lowered so that it was just a soft whisper, “Just go Harry, I can’t even look at you right now.” I knew that there was no hope for fixing what just happened right now considering that this was still a fresh wound and we were both too angry at each other, so that’s what I did. I left.

Alex’s POV

            I watched as he walked out of the bus. Head hung low. I Was so upset. I knew Harry’s and my relationship was too good to last. I bent down and started to pick up the broken glass that had spread on the floor from the plate I had thrown at Harry. I felt arms wrap around me, but they were unfamiliar, meaning not Jen’s. I turned around to see Zayn. He looked at me with sad eyes before picking me up. He carried me over to the couch and sat me down so that I was curled up in his lap. He wrapped his arms around me and began to stroke my hair.

            That’s when I broke. I just sobbed and sobbed into Zayn’s shirt. I knew I should have told Harry. This was my entire fault. I was just doing what I thought was best for him, for us. But I guess I couldn’t have been more wrong about that. I faintly remember falling asleep in Zayn’s arms awaiting the morning.