jotaro: rejection pt. 1

are you enjoying my jotaro dump? 😜

Setting: Starts before SDC era, ends in SDC era.
Content: Fluff
⚠️ potential tw: divorce
Part 1 of 2

For the longest time, Jotaro had a huge crush on you. You were very aware of this, because through your junior high days to now, he would always seize the opportunity to ask you out.

"Would you go out with me?"

"Nope."

As children, Jotaro noticed how popular you were. The way your hair somehow fell in the right places no matter what you did, how you managed to be kind to the annoying kids, and most of all, how you rejected every boy in the school.

It was the day after spring break where he approached you at your locker. It was the first year of junior high.

"Y/N?" he asked to get your attention.

You shut your locker and looked straight at him. There was no height difference between you two at the time, "Yes?"

"U-Uh, when you're free, do you want to go on a date with me?" he stuttered.

You smiled at him with empathy, "Sorry Jotaro, but no."

He walked away with slightly broken confidence, but he wasn't going to give up! He was sure that he would be the first boy you agree to go out with.

He asked you out once a week after that. This lasted all the way into your final year of senior high.

"Please go out with me?"

"Hah, as if."

~~~

"Wanna go out? I know a good dessert place."

"Absolutely not."

~~~

"Just one date? You won't regret it."

"Move on, Kujo."

~~~

You noticed that you no longer made solid eye contact with him. He started towering over you, intimidating you into going out with him.

"Go out with me," he asks, but it's more of a demand.

This one catches you off guard, and you stare at him, speechless.

He holds his soft but unsettling stare, "So?"

You catch yourself in your hesitation, then smirk, "You're funny for demanding that of me. No."

He smiles softly back at you as he expected this outcome and walked away, "You know where to find me."

"Yes, I do..." you muttered to yourself.

He knows that you know.

He knows that you started to observe him.

But you can't help but notice him without trying.

For the past few months, you admit that you have had your eye on him. Not to romantically pursue him, but boy, he really has changed.

He's colder, much colder. He looks unsatisfied with everything he does and sees. He's an absolute unit. But when you two look at each other dead in the eyes once a week, you notice that he still has the same glimmer in his eyes every time.

You turn away from your position and head to your class, looking at your feet as you walked.

You knew exactly where to find him right after school.