[14] - Motion Sickness

Chris has been asleep for a little while, but you're still awake with your earbuds in listening to music. You're tired, but there's too many things on your mind for you to fall asleep currently. You want to tell him everything. The reason why you've always found it hard to love, why you couldn't let go of Mingi, and why intimacy still makes you feel uncomfortable. You like Chris. There's no doubt in your mind, but you're terrified. Terrified you'd ruin it because of your insecurities. Because of your past experiences which influence your behavior a ton. Once again, you're listening to For You by 3RACHA, which has turned into one of your comfort songs. The line 'blessings wait for you', makes you glance at Chris, who's fully asleep and gently snoring. Your hand finds its way to his blonde hair and starts stroking it carefully. Appreciating it, knowing that he's planning on dying it brown again before his big concert. You don't really care which color his hair is, but he's had blonde hair ever since you two met, so your brain registered it as HIS hair color. You gently smile to yourself when you suddenly receive a notification.

Jisung

You're still awake?
- 1:46am

Yeah, why?
- 1:46am

Would you like to
come upstairs?
- 1:47am

Or are you busy with
Chan?
I'd understand-
- 1:47am

No, he's asleep!
I just need to climb over him
Then I'll be there!
- 1:48am

Lmao, good luck!
- 1:48am

You carefully move his legs a bit so you can jump off his bed and sneak out of his room without waking him up, then you hop up the stairs into the living room, where Jisung is sat on the navy blue armchair right next to their fireplace. You wave at him silently, and he smiles back. You take a seat in front of him on their black couch and cover yourself with a fluffy blanket that you basically claimed as yours after your first evening here.

"Do you want me to prepare a hot chocco for you, too?", he asks you kindly but you shake your head.

You find it hard to eat or drink this late at night because usually your stomach will start aching and make it even more impossible for you to fall asleep. Jisung understands and hands you a glass of water instead.

"You can sit next to the fireplace, too. If you're cold", he offers.

You shake your head, "it's okay, this blanket is more than enough!"

He laughs softly, "that's Channie's blanket. Usually he hates sharing it with anyone."

Knowing this makes you smile and feel even warmer than you did before.

Jisung bites his lip nervously, "That's actually kind of why I wanted to talk to you. You see, our concert is in six days, and we've all been nervous. Chan too. But ever since he met you and found out about you and... Max... he's been dreading that day. I don't know how to help him."

Your smile fades and a feeling of guilt rushes through your veins. You can't help but feel as if it's your fault. It is, isn't it? Without you, he would've never found out about Mingi and could've easily performed on stage. But now, he's got something to be worried about, someONE to be worried about.

"I'm sorry", you mumble.

Jisung quickly places his cup on the sofa table and frantically waves his hands in front of him,
"No, no. Not like that! Don't be sad, please! Chan has always been a very anxious person, but he hides it. But... ever since he met you, he's been trying so much harder to fight his fears and stand up for himself. That's why I need to ask you for a favor."