Confrontation and Confessions

Start from the beginning

"Hey, look at me, yeah?" Sebastian said pulling Shaira toward his side. Shaira's eyes were glossy but she knew she need pull her back or she would just dig a bigger hole for herself.

" I wanted to be independent that's why I want it." Shaira said looking straight at Sebastian. Shaira's reason was not satisfying at all. Sebastian could not help but to get more frustrated every second.

"If you wanted to be independent, there are thousands of ways to do that. Tell me Shaira, is this reason enough for you to break every relationship with your family?" Sebastian said. She did not know how to handle this situation.

"You can think whatever you want. Just know, if this gets out- we both would be in very big trouble including your family, Sebastian. So back off, when you have time. I really don't want to ruin any more families that I had already done." Shaira said standing from the bench. Everybody knew the power of Vanidestines and with one finger towards them, you could lose everything and who could understand it better than Shaira?  She was living with them her whole life. She knew if Sebastian came in between them, she would lose two friends at the same time, and she do not want that.

Even Sebastian could understand the threat he was posing to himself and his family but was it worth it?  He looked at Shaira who is standing strong and tall hiding every pain and reality within her trying to protect both sides of the scales. Was the girl standing in front of him putting up such a strong front would be okay alone? Was it okay for him to leave her? 

Sebastian's thoughts were interrupted when he saw Shaira leaving. He abruptly stood up and grab her hand halting her.

"Just answer my one question, did they ever hurt you?" 

Shaira looked at their hands and a soft smile spread across her face. A smile that shielded her from the world. A smile she would put on her face to make everyone including herself, believe that everything is alright, but Shiara failed to notice one thing. The people who truly cared for her never looked at her face when they could see exactly what is going on in her heart.

"No, they had never." Shaira answered looking at Sebastian as she walked from there.

......

The school was finally over and Shaira was in the cafe brewing her favorite tea.  She was indeed worried about being Sebastian knowing her secret, but She knew that he would not tell anyone about it. 

"How are you, Shaira?" Mr. Edoardo Bonardi a.k.a. the owner of the Sunflower Cafe asked. Late Mrs. Bonardi loved sunflowers that's why they named it "Sunflower Cafe" which Shaira find really cute. Although Mr. Bonardi was in his sixties, he still had the energy of a youngster- probably more than any of them.  The cafe itself gave that vibrant yet retro ambiance that Shaira fell in love with at first sight.

Shaira's lips melt into a smile as she replied," I am good Mr. Bonardi."

"Very well child, make sure you eat a piece of cake that I made today morning. It turned out delicious!" Mr. Bonardi grinned. Mr. Bonardi was a pastry chef. Although most of the cakes were ordered from bakeries Sometimes Mr. Bonardi made special cakes just for his satisfaction. He always said," I would stop living if I stopped baking this sugary goodness!". He could be dramatic sometimes.

"You should not give your cakes free to me Mr. Bonardi." Shaira said making Mr. Bonardi roll his eyes.

"I am not giving it free to you I am just adding it to your pay." Mr. Bonardi said. He knew Shiara was not the same kid as her age. She was different and did not like to take things for free even though those cakes were her favorite. He was a lonely man with both of his sons settled abroad. So Shaira seemed to him like his own granddaughter.