CHAPTER 1

Hunter

"What's the story behind your success as a soloist. Lahat halos ng kanta mo kung susumahin ay puro heartbreaks , do you mind telling us if may pinaghuhugutan ba itong mga isinusulat mo?"

The popular tv host once again throw me a frequently asked question I used to avoid. And it's tiresome hearing it for the nth time.

So that's why instead of dodging it , to end the curiosity of my fans. Sinagot ko na ito ng diretsuhan.

I cleared my throat and started telling them a story that I'm trying so hard to forget.

"Actually I have a girlfriend before , but the thing is-

I paused in the middle and heave my breath first.

"She cheated on me."

The audience in the studio roared in disbelief hearing their idol's answer.

After that question , a commercial popped up kaya't pinatay ko na ng tuluyan ang tv.

Sa malapit ay nabakasan ko ang mga yapak na pagpasok ng kung sino.

Narinig ko ang pagalit na pagsarado nito ng pinto ng back studio and it was probably my manager.

"What did you even say during your interview yesterday Hunter? May inasikaso ako kaya hindi ko na nareview ang content ng show. Nalaman ko lang mismo ngayon na umere na ito."

"What? Anong ginawa ko?" I even motion my hand to plead innocent.

"Why did you tell publicly on screen , about your ex girlfriend? Don't u know this might ruin your profile in the industry?"

" Oh that one. Ma, you know I guested a lot of TV shows already and they kept asking me that question on repeat and they won't stop doing that until they get an answer. Kaya sinagot ko na,para matapos na rin."

The fact that it reminds me of her everytime na itatanong ulit ito sakin is endlessly exhausting.

I just want to end it. Since wala naman akong kaugnayan sa babaeng yun.

I washed hands before Mom starts doubting me.

Yes you heard it right , she's my mother and my manager at the same time.

"You know what I just hate about this,you bringing her up-

"It's nothing to be worried about. She was just a past to me and nothing else.Bakit ginagawa niyong bigdeal."

"Bakit Ma? Nag- aalala ka ba sa kaniya?"

I grab the frappe near the table and gaslighted my Mom instead.

Hindi niya naman dapat i-big deal ang mga bagay na tapos at nangyari na.

" Of course not honey , I'm just scared na hanggang ngayon ay hindi ka parin nakakamove on sa kaniya. A-after what she did to you."

Agaran aking umiling at hindi sumang-ayon sa sinabi nito.

"No , don't worry Mom. I have no feelings for her anymore."

We're done and she's just part of my past.

End of discussion.

I stared back on my Mom again nang hindi ko narinig ang sagot nito.

There I saw how her eyes doubted my words.

"Kung gano'n anak , bakit siya parin ang laman ng mga kantang sinusulat mo?"

That caught me off guard.

Mabuti nalang at may isang staff ng pumasok sa room at sinenyasan na oras ko na para magperform sa stage.

So I stood up and grabbed my black leather jacket on the vanity mirror nearby and kiss my Mom on the cheeks before leaving her alone on the backstage.