Chpt 7: The Happy Bride

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yes. He did... But Florian could you get one of the maids to help me with-" i began but was cut off quickly.

"Father would never do that! You must be mistaken" Florian said. "I'm pretty sure i know what i'm talking about. Now could you please just get one of the maids to undo my-"

"We must ask father ourselves. There must be miscommunication here. I'm sure if we asked him he would-"

"No Florian!" i exclaimed as i turned swiftly around. "He arranged a marriage without my permission or without even telling me. I was told by the king. He couldn't even gather up the courage to give me a warning! So don't you dare tell me i'm mistaken because i'm not. My future has been planned and i can do nothing about it. Now would you please, just help me with this fucking dress!" i shouted.

Florian stood there in shock as i fell to my knees. He ran over to me as i shoved him off. "Get off of me! Just get out! Leave!" i shouted.

Florian took a step back not knowing what to do. "Get out Florian!" i shouted once more. Florian hesitated for a minute before leaving my chambers.

He wanted to help but didn't know how. He thought maybe i would like to be comforted by a women instead of another man.

He ran over to the closest chambers and knocked gently. Alicent opened the door and gave Florian a confused look. "I'm so sorry Miss Hightower... I just... I thought... Would you be able to help with my sister?" he asked.

"Help with what? What's happened?" she asked. Florian just shook his head as Alicent ran to my room.

"Azalea are you..." Alicent began but cut herself off as she saw me sobbing on the floor. She rushed over to me not knowing what to do.

"Azalea... What's happened?" she asked. I couldn't speak through my sobs so i just pointed to the back of my dress that was so tight, i felt as if i couldn't breathe.

She ripped it quickly as i took a gasp of air. Alicent pulled me into an embrace as i tried to speak. "I can't do it" is all i could get out.

"Can't do what?" she asked. "I can not marry. I do not wish to marry" i mumbled. "You're marrying?... Who?" she questioned. I shook my head.

"Prince Daemon."

I felt Alicent stiffen with shock. Tears rolled down my face as i embraced her tightly. "I'm sorry" she mumbled into my shoulder.

I'm sure my echoed sobs could be heard all throughout the castle. They most definitely could be heard from my fathers room... But he did not care. He ignored it. Pretended he couldn't hear me.

The next day, the maids walked in and prepped me for the wedding. I was wearing a white gown with red lace. They tightened it as hard as they could as i looked at myself in the mirror blankly.

I couldn't recognise my reflection. "Are you ready Miss?" one of the maids asked. I paused. "Yes... Yes i'm ready, thank you" i said. She gave me a weak smile as i continued staring in the mirror.

Florian walked into my chambers and ushered the maids out of the room. "We must go... Are you... I mean... Are you feeling better?" he asked.

"Let's go then" i said ignoring his question. He knew better than to question me more than once again. Instead, he took my arm in his and walked me down the stairs.

We walked to the Kings throne as i sneakily looked through the small crack in the door. The room was gathered with lots of people waiting for me.

I saw a long table at the end of the room which seated Rhaenyra, Alicent, Otto, The King, Daemon and my father.

I took a deep breath before the knights opened the doors fully. Everyone in the room stood up as me and Florian walked inside. I squeezed his arm tightly as i felt the pit in my stomach grow.

I tried to keep my head straight forward but i felt my eyes drift to the many people watching us. I looked at the many faces staring at me until i spotted someone familiar. I felt my heart stop.

Ser Harwin stood there with who i presumed to be his brother and father. I didn't know what to do. I just continued staring at him blankly. He gave me a small weak smile to let me know everything was fine.

I gave him a small smile back as i looked forward once more. Florian kissed my cheek as the Prince Daemon reluctantly walked towards me.

"My betrothed" he said bitterly as he kissed my hand. Everyone in the room clapped as i tried to keep a straight face. I was seated in between Prince Daemon and Rhaenyra.

We all sat in silence as the King gave a sappy speech about our proposal. I could feel the tension between Rhaenyra and Daemon grow by the minute.

I still don't know what i saw in the throne room that day or what Rhaenyra and Daemon were doing in there, but i also feel like i don't want to know.

"And finally, a cheers to Azalea Hightower who is now Azalea Targaryen!" Viserys exclaimed as everyone cheered. Everyone except for me. I sat there drinking my wine and trying to hold myself together.

"Here's to a wedding like no other! This one will go down in history!" he exclaimed. And by god it would.

(Authors note: Now it all begins...)