Chapter 23 (Betrayal Of The Highest Order)

Start from the beginning

Hector wakes up to find Angelina, Harriet, Rihanna and surprisely Ziyanda surrounding his bed, but they're all sleeping and it pains him, that all of them are here because of him and his never ending drama but like he has always taught them, you can't marry or be with the Dlaminis' without calling the drama that seems to follow these men.
Angelina wakes up and immediately moves to his side.
"Is they anything that you need Ma," she says with a tiny voice and for me, it's how old she is but still shows respect to Hector.
"I'm fine my sister... where are they...where is Zimele and his brothers... are they fine and... the babies... did the doctor say anything", he says as if he is assuming the worst.
"Well according to the doctor, the babies are fine but as for the brothers, they were all arrested but don't worry big brother and Zuri (Mrs Alhambra) are handling it", she says.

Tears start to stream down and immediately Harriet and the others wake up, making Hector to quickly wipe away his tears, because according to him, he has already brought them out of their comfort zone and now he must make noise for them, it's not happening.
Harriet holds his hand and tries to comfort him but all that Hector wants now is to be in the comfort of Zimele's hand and his brothers surrounding him, he knows that it's weird but it's what he wants.
"It's 11pm, I need to go and do some roundabout check-ups as I am still at work", she says and that's when it knocks in Hector's head that she is in her uniform and what's worse, this is the same hospital that kept Bab'Dlamini in their mortuary and the same one that kept and operated Nganono, and not forgetting him, as he was hospitalised due to the stomach cramps that came with stress, forcing to fall in the hospital corridors and immediately becoming unconscious.
Before Angelina can leave to begin her duties or rather resume her work, the late night news begins on the small set that was placed in the room for them by the orders of Pravin Naidoo, who is actually with Mabutho and Mrs Alhambra, as they handle the release of Zimele and the others.

As Rihanna or rather Lerato, tries to change the channel by grabbing the remote on the bedside of Hector's bed, he quickly grabs it and places it in the blanket that is covering him, as he turns his focus back to the television set after giving her a warning with the way he opens his eyes.
The headline reads that "The havoc caused over a pregnant wo-man" and immediately it comes raining cats and dogs on Hector, just image a cat falling on my head, well for starters I would die, I have cat phobia.
As they all watch how the scene that nearly broke the news unfold, it shows everything and how Hector was trying to hide his belly, and with some of them already in handcuffs and blood everywhere not forgetting the broken glasses on the road and as they all look glued to the television, Hector immediately feels a sharp pain to his belly as he let's out a loud scream and now he knows it's not time because, he is not due until the 14th of September so why the heck is feeling pain on the 12th of September, but then that's why he had made sure of buying baby clothes, unisex of course before the due date or due month.
Angelina immediately runs out of the room and calls out to the nurses that come rushing to his room and as the pain becomes worse, the nurses immediately hurry inside and bring him out, as he screams at the top of his voice, wena respect the person that has to go through child delivery, bringing a child to this world is a huge task.
As they go with him, Harriet looks into her bag and looks at the small brown glass bottle pasted with a small paper pasted around it, written as Oxytocin (Pitocin) and she immediately remembers the way, she injected it into the thin white plastic tube that was going into Hector's body, whilst everyone was asleep and let's not forget that she injected it into her body also, after all it was an drug that pushes a person into early labour and I must salutes this woman she guts for Africa.

She looks at the way those doctors are taking Hector's body on the hospital bed as they prepare for a C-section, because he can't possibly give birth, he has no vagina and this leads me to think just how men who were born as intersex lost their lives, because they was no technology to assist them, may God bless the creators of Technology.
She let's out a deep breath as she looks at the bead in her hand and remembers what her mother's in-law told her, "Now look here... you have been chosen by Zimele's father... which makes you a wife of the Dlamini family and as such your first priority should be to bring this family Together and help the chosen one to bring stability", she said, but today she is about to change all that.
She breathes heavily as she immediately feels a sharp pain that hits her belly like a gun shot, and that's when she knows that her own time has arrived.
She let's out a loud scream as she looks around to the women for help, and they quickly call the nurses, who quickly come to her aid.
She tries to walk but unfortunately it's as if her legs are broken and that's when she decides not walk but to rather use the bed, on their way Angelina tries to take the bag but Harriet holds on to the bag with her entire force.
They take her into the ward and quickly close the door on Angelina, who gets refused access into the room by some of the Doctor's, as they're two doctors with her, whilst three in Hector's room.