The Past

Lunar stumbled into the snow, catching himself on one of the slabs of stone before he could fall on the white blanket that surrounded him, keeping the warmth away and letting everything that was happening to him sink in and freeze in his heart and mind. Karkurat slid an arm under the boys arms, picking him up and setting him on the stone, Skull and Damon on either side of him, noticing that they had been moving too fast for a humans mind to take everything in. All of it, Angels, Demons, Reapers, even the Devil himself, how could any of it be logically possible? how could there be a world under Lunars' that no other human had ever found? how could Reapers be roaming around, taking the dyings souls, and never be seen? None of it was being explained and for all Lunar knew, they just wanted to find his soul, then he would die. He had had enough of their bull, and he wasn't afraid to voice it. His head hung, hair falling to cover his tired eyes that sink into his skull and darken his bags, fog coming from his mouth, barely visible before the wind blew it away and his mouth began to move.

"Why do you need my soul? Why is it so important to Demons and Reapers and Angels? There's nothing special about me. I'm a boy who can't remember who he is. That's all, there's no more to the story."

"Lunar," Damon's voice had a heavy sigh about it as he spoke on, "if there was no more to the story, you wouldn't be here, you'd be long dead in the spot Skull found you in, covered in snow, bones sticking out from starvation. The roots of your hair would be matching the ground, making it seem as though the ground had already begun to swallow you up. You are only alive right now because of what happened in the times you have forgotten, the only problem is you would never help us if you knew."

The small boys head shot up, eyes wide and questioning, brow creased with confusion as the other three all stepped back, giving Lunar space to place his feet on the ground, a swirl of snow rising around his legs.

"I would never help you if I knew? What did you do? Tell me," he raised his hand to gesture towards the sealed door, red light shining through the keyhole and burning the snow where it landed, "or I swear I will walk straight back to Hell through that door and never come back."

"Alright, but you can't hate us for holding it back, nor for what happened. We tried so hard to stop it, but we couldn't." Skull held his head low as the words fell harsh on Lunars ears, his eyes becoming hard as he gazed at the blowing robes that hardly covered the bones that made the Reaper.

"Go on then, tell the story."

A simple nod was shared with the celestial beings before their words took the story to another place in a not long ago time, where life had once been normal, when there wasn't a battle with light and dark, it all just was.