Skip to the time, when Sri reveals her pregnancy to him  :

Sri devi was up at four in the morning and puking very badly. It did wake Ram up, but Sri locked the washroom door making him worried.

After sometime she came out wiping her face with a towel.

"What's wrong? Are you okay now?",he asked and before she could answer  she closed her mouth and went back to the washroom once again.

He held her hair back and closed her ears. Once she was done, she cleaned herself and looked at him with tears. She was embarassed.

He moved out of the room and she followed him.

"We'll go to doctor, okay?",he said and  she nodded as yes.

"Sleep Sri, if you feel like puking again wake me up. Okay?",he said and she nodded.

The next morning, Sri asked Ram to go to office and she would visit the doctor and keep him updated.

"Sri, I will accompany you. Why don't you understand?",he asked her the same thing for the nth time.

"Ayyo Ram garu, I am telling you right? I will manage. We have to go to village remember the next week? You already applied leave for that, it might just be food poisoning. I will go and come",she said and tried to convince him.

Finally after making Sri promise that she would call him if there is something serious and if at all she needs him. After having a light breakfast, Sri went to the doctor.

She waited for her turn, her phone buzzed with a message from her HR that her leave was approved she breathed in relief. Devi rarely took leaves so it was okay for her to apply leave.

When it was her turn, she went to the doctor and explained her symptoms.

"When was your last period Mrs. Sri Devi?",the doctor asked.

Devi thought for a minute.

"It's late by three weeks doctor",she said and the doctor asked her if they are sexually active to which she replied yes.

"Why don't you go for a pregnancy test?",the doctor asked.

Sri nodded and took the pregnancy test with shivering hands. They've discussed about this, but the foreign feeling in her heart isn't letting her be in peace.

She waited to see the two lines on the pregnancy test, her eyes widened and she closed her mouth with her hand to control the loud sobs that escaped from her. She wasn't able to believe there is beautiful baby they created with all their love, and it's growing inside her.

She went out with the kit and the doctor smiled at her.

"You know what does that mean right? Congratulations Mrs. Sri Devi! I'll recommend you to the gynaecologist in the hospital, you can visit her for further monthly check ups",he said and Sri Devi smiled and thanked him and left from the room.

She was smiling from ear to ear, she didn't knew how to break the news to her dear husband. She decided, she wasn't doing this on the phone at any cost. She hired an auto and travelled back home.

As soon as she came back home, her phone buzzed and it was none other than Ram. She didn't knew what to tell him, she couldn't ignore the call either if she did he is definitely going to rush to home.

She answered the call.

"Sri, what did the doctor say? Are you okay? Should I come there?",he asked and she smiled to herself thinking what would he react as when he gets to know that there is going to be an addition to their small family.

"Yeah Ram garu, he said I am okay. Don't worry! I am back home",Sri Devi said him and hid the thing that they were expecting.

She went to a nearby store and bought a watch for him to gift him and then reveal the news to him. Sri felt over cloud nine, they always thought that they will have a daughter first and she would be the most pampered kid in the family.

She quickly made lunch for herself and ate it, now was the time to be more conscious about herself and also the baby growing within her. The doctor told her that she was three weeks pregnant🤰.

She kept her hand on her stomach and smiled to herself. As each minute passed by she was eager to break the news to him.

The clock ticked seven in the evening and the door bell rang. She rushed to open the door and that's when she remember that doctor has advised her not to run or jump, she hit her head with her hand and opened the door.

"Hi",she chirped.

"Hi, you seem to be happy? What's the matter",he pulled her towards him and encircling his arms around her.

She snuggled more into his chest and he smiled at her.

"What's the reason ammadi? What made you so happy?",he asked breaking a hug and settling down on the couch.

She went to the room and gave him the watch she brought for him.

"Oye, what's this?",he asked.

"Open it, Ram garu",she said excitedly.

There was a paper in it, which read :

Here is my first gift to you Dada! I'll see you in 9 months!

He read it and his mouth opened wide and he closed his mouth with his hands and saw the watch. He read each word once again.

"Is it true, ammadi?",he asked and she nodded with a teary face.

He hugged her tight and kissed her all over her face.

"I love you, Sri. Thank you for coming into my life",he said and pecked her lips not giving her a chance to speak..

To be continued..

Hello dear readers,

I am back with an update.

I hope you enjoyed reading the update.

Today's update is mostly in the past and the coming chapters would be a mixture of past and present , get ready to go through the rollercoaster ride.

Did you miss Aadhira?

Did you miss Ishu?

Who noticed a new Nick name "ammadi"? 🌝🌝

How was the update? Did you like it?

Thank you so much for supporting me and encourage me. You all mean a lot to me ❤🥺

Thank you for reading, please vote and comment your views.

We'll meet in another update soon and I started with NaNoWriMo today, wish me luck that I complete that book and get it in front of you all soon.

Take care and keep smiling😊. Hastala vista besties!

Sending you loads of love and chocolates 🍫❤

- Sakshi 🌸✨