Katherine was silent, thinking about what the man had just said. She really needed the full story of what happened in Damien's past, and again she began to wonder why he had met with Mason Connor.

He wanted revenge most on Madison's father right that she knew, so why meet with her brother? Katherine wondered.

Nodding, she decided she needed to do her own digging, and turning back to another man she asked, "Anything  else?"

"We had bugs implanted in Mr Daniels' suite and also in his phone too, with the help of a hotel staff whom we bribed."

Katherine smiled deviously.

She knew that would come in handy, and what could be better than listening into Damien's phone conversations? She was sure to get information from there.

"Good, good. Did you find anything else?"

"From the phone calls he has been having, it seems like he intends on getting Madison back as..."

Katherine shut her eyes tightly, raising a hand to stop him, "It's okay. I've heard enough!" She exclaimed, her heart pounding hard in anger.

Anything that had to do with Madison directly was bad news, and from the look of things, it seemed like Madison was winning this war they both had on.

Katherine gritted her teeth. She kept telling herself that she would never let that happen, and she would keep to that vow. Madison might be succeeding now, but it was just for a matter of one time.

Surely, it won't happen again. It was time to teach that bitch a lesson.

"What do we do now, ma'am?" The leader of the gang asked, taking a step closer to Katherine, "What is the next step?"

Katherine stared into space, her lips in a thin line, "It's time to get this over with and put her in her place."

She had been putting it off for too long, waiting for the perfect moment, but now, it was the right time.

"Get ready. When I say so, and drop hints as to when it would happen, we are going to kidnap and put an end to that bitch."

.......

Damien chewed his food slowly, still in deep thoughts.

He was having dinner, his first meal since today, and since he had spent the whole day brooding and drinking, he was feeling particularly worn out.

Nevertheless with his raging and wandering thoughts he'd still managed to check in with his company in New York to see how they were carrying on. After that he had gone to the gym, and  then to the manager's office of this hotel just to see how things were doing.

He also used the opportunity to tell the manager how impressed he was with what he was seeing so far, and urging him to keep up the good work Damien had also tipped him a large amount of cash.

He then informed the manager of his intention to increase the staffs salary, and the vibrant humble young man had thanked him profusely.

Damien had only nodded, asking him to just keep doing more and before leaving he had also hinted that if the manager kept on attending to things this way, then he might just assign him to oversee his other hotels in other countries.

The manager had been excited and promised not to let him Damien down, his excitement obvious on his face.

Spending some little time downstairs after the conversation with the manager, Damien had headed back to his room and that was when he remembered that he had barely eaten a thing since morning, and so he had ordered room service.

The sight of food still didn't entice him or rouse his appetite, but he tried his best to chew and swallow as he didn't want to starve.

His mind was still miles away, thinking about Madison and as he ate he hoped she was doing okay too, also wondering if she'd had anything to eat just like him.

Chiding himself and trying to put his mind elsewhere, he focused on the lavish platter in front of him.

As he chewed on a piece of chicken, his phone suddenly began to ring, and lazily looking at his phone screen to check the caller ID, he frowned when he saw that it was an unknown number.

Not in the mood for any phone calls, he ignored the call and focused on his meal. He needed his peace right now and nothing more.

The phone eventually stopped ringing but after a few seconds it started again and sighing, he wiped his fingers with a napkin and picked up. At first there was silence on the other end and Damien became irritated.

He hadn't wanted to pick up in the first place, and now that he had person still refused to speak?

He began to say something, but then the caller spoke up, and relaxing when he realized that it was Mason speaking he unclenched his jaw as they both exchanged cold pleasantries.

It was obvious that neither of them was eager to speak to the other, and there was still silence at the other end before Damien finally spoke again, "I called earlier. I spoke to your wife and she said you were still at..."

Before he could complete his sentence, Mason interrupted him with a hiss announcing that they had to meet, and proceeded to blurt out a spot in Kettlesworth where Damien should come see him.

Quickly grabbing a sticky note and a pen, Damien began to write down the address, as he asked again, "What time?"

"I have work on weekdays so it would have to be on the weekend. 1PM sharp." Mason said, his voice cold.

Damien quickly wrote down the details and when he finished, he looked down at the paper making sure everything was correct.

He was actually surprised Mason had even called back. He had expected Mason to take his sweet time, reveling in the fact that Damien needed his help, but nonetheless Damien couldn't deny the fact that he was a bit grateful.

As he parted his lips to say something, the line suddenly went dead and Damien shook his head, not surprised at all. It was typical for Mason to still be rude, as he probably felt like Damien was at his mercy, but Damien had no time to waste thinking about him any further.

He scrolled through his contacts, searching for a number and finally dialing Mr Rudiger.

The private investigator picked up promptly and going straight to the point, Damien informed him of everything, saying he would send him an address right away.

He ordered the investigator to go to the address and survey the environment, as he had to make sure the place was safe and conducive.

Even though he was grateful to Mason for calling, he couldn't trust the motherfucker so easily.

At least if his men checked the place out, he would be prepared for anything that may come up, and since Mason had also asked him to come alone, this was was more reason why he needed to check the place and know if it was in a secluded area.

When he was done giving the private investigator all the details, the man promised to check it out tomorrow morning.

"Good. I'll forward the address to you right away." Damien said, hanging up after bading goodbye.

Just like he promised, he quickly sent the address to Mr Rudiger and looking at the address once more, Damien tried to see if he could recognize it, but he just didn't get a clue at all.

Placing his phone down back on the table, he exhaled, satisfied that the investigator would take care of his business for him, and facing his food, he continued to take small bites of the grilled chicken.

.......

Thanks for reading. 💕