Epilogue

Two Years Later

Aden

"Aden, I told you that she doesn't need expensive toys. She has good, sturdy toys in her room. What is she supposed to do with a ten-thousand-dollar teddy bear?" Leila scolded.

I gave her a serious look. "To play with it, of course."

I looked over to see our two-year-old daughter, Ariana, playing with the teddy bear I just bought her. She had a Barbie doll in her other hand and was basically smashing them together, but she was still learning.

Ariana had her mother's curly hair that her mother had styled in pigtails along with the most precious golden eyes that shined in the sun. She was sassy and spoiled and I loved her with all my fucking heart and being. She was our first baby, one we made together, and I lived to spoil her.

It wasn't just me. Her uncles and grandparents were more than generous with buying her clothes, shoes, toys, and even jewelry to celebrate and show their love.

Leila was pregnant again, three months, and I couldn't wait to go through the entire process of her pregnancy and labor journey with her.

When she was pregnant with Ariana, she struggled much with her mood swings, her sudden spike of BP, and morning sickness that somehow only came at night.

She would have random cravings in the middle of the night, and I would indulge her and even join her. Some were pretty good while others had me wondering if I had morning sickness as well.

Ariana was our baby girl and we loved her with all of our hearts, and neither of us could wait to see what baby number two had in store for us.

"She's going to rip it," Leila muttered, elbowing me.

"Then I'll buy her another one, eshgham."

She rolled her eyes at me and rested her hand over her growing belly. My pride surged and my heart roared as I reached over and kissed her hand then her belly.

I made my way up and cradled her cheek. Leaning down, I kissed her lips tenderly and felt Leila relax with a sigh.

"I love you," I promised.

"Me more," She replied with another chaste kiss.

"Baba," Ariana babbled, and I ran to her as she called for me.

"I'm here, my sweet girl." I plucked her off the ground and kissed her cheeks as I bounced her in my arms. "Wanna play airplane?" I asked, and she gave me a smile as she nodded her head.

I made an airplane noise as I swayed her through the air. Her laughs echoed throughout our living room, and they filled me up with so much joy. I played with her for a few more minutes before she got cranky and started fidgeting in my arms.

Leila got up, her hand on her back as she tried to reach for her. Her back pain was still evident from when she was pregnant with Ariana, and I didn't want her to do anything this time. This time I'd do everything I could do to lessen her workload.

"Sit back down. I can put her to sleep."

She looked at the clock. It was twelve and Ariana loved her naps. It was easy putting her down. And without her afternoon naps, hell would be unleashed. I left work specifically early just so I could help put her down and spend some time with my wife.

"Aden, I can do it."

"No, go rest. Put your feet up and relax, baby. I'll be back."

I kissed her cheek and kept Ariana in my arms as I walked upstairs and to her nursery. I changed her into something more comfortable and rocked her in my arms before placing her in her crib. I placed her blanket on her and kissed her forehead, and saw her eyes slowly flutter shut as she fell asleep.

I watched her for a moment longer, wanting to soak up every memory and moment I had with my daughter. I kissed her again and then I grabbed the baby monitor and headed back down.

Leila was sitting on the sofa with her feet kicked up watching some action movie and I went and sat down next to her.

"She's down for the count," I said.

She reached for the remote and turned off the television. She spun around to face me.

"Thank you,"

"Of course," I rested my hand on her belly reflexively. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling good. Not too tired."

"That's good. Your ankles still hurting you?"

"It's just cause they're swollen and gross." She said with a grimace.

"Dr. Sonya said massage and walking would help. Do you want to go on a walk when Ariana wakes up?"

"And throw up ten times in the bushes?" She shook her head. "but, I wouldn't say no to a massage."

"Coming right up. Let me get the cream."

"Bedside table." She called out as I dashed up the stairs.

I grabbed it from the bedside table and headed downstairs quickly but silently so as to not wake up Ariana. I sat down on the edge of the couch and Leila leaned further back into the couch and propped her feet on my lap.

I squirted the therapy cream onto my hand and rubbed it into my hands to soften and warm it up before reaching for her ankle. I massaged it gently, my hands now used to what she liked and what made the pain of the swelling lessen.

I took my time, massaging, caressing, and moving my hands up and down both of her ankles and feet.

She sniffled. "I love you so much."

I looked up to see her crying. "Why're you crying, baby?" I asked.

"Because I love you and am so thankful and appreciative of you." She wiped at her eyes and cheeks and smiled up at me through her tears.

"I love you more. You don't have to thank me, baby, but I appreciate you saying it. I told you I'd be here with you. You're the mother of my children, why wouldn't I take care of you?"

"Aden, I'm hormonal stop saying sweet romantic things." She cried.

I set the cream down and dropped her feet on the couch and towered over her. I kissed her forehead, her cheeks, and then lastly her lips.

"The love of my life. The only love of my life." I affirmed and she held my face as she brought me down for another kiss.

"I love you, Aden."

"I love you, Leila," I promised and sealed my love with a long, searing kiss.

A/N/: Thank you for reading Aden. For voting and commenting. It means very much to me. I hope you loved their story, and their love journey. Leila holds such a dear and very special place in my heart and I'm thankful for the friend who let me use her experiences for this story.

I love you and Aden wouldn't be Aden without you. I'm grateful for my readers the new ones and the ones that have been with me since the beginning. Much love.

Aries's story is the last book in the Grayson Brothers Trilogy. Any new information regarding Aries will be on my Instagram. Love you all.

-Belle ❤️

AdenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara