twenty-five | kill the players

[a/n: listen to don't blame me by taylor swift]

Avneet's Pov

First came the silence.

Then came the screams.

I thrashed against the chains and my wrists burned again. I can't hear SSO or any sounds he makes, so I assume he's passed out.

Something was wrong with the others. We occasionally heard screams instead of loud music or the laughter of a party. The captors were smart to take us out first because I, for one, would've skinned them alive for hurting a hair on my family's head. SSO would be kind enough to dispose of the bodies.

I was blindfolded but I could make out that the room was dark. In the silence, I could hear blood dripping somewhere. I hear one gunshot and then nothing later.

I can feel someone's eyes on me. Knowing that something bad is happening to my family and not being able to do anything about it was torture. And my captor knew it.

I tried to use my magic again but my efforts were in vain. I tried to find the familiar beat of my magic in my veins but I can't feel it. I try to feel the minds of the people in the room but all I can feel is endless nothingness.

Whoever tried to capture us was smart I had to give them that. But then again I am Avneet Shergill. And they should've known fucking better than to harm my family.

The people who hurt my family never survive me. I deliver them to the devil myself.

I try to focus on my senses. When one is gone, the others are strengthened. I move my wrists to hear the chains I'm bound with. I move my ankles to feel the weight of my shackles. I concentrate to identify where the blood is dripping.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Drip.

Bang.

The door is broken from its hinges. The sound of the metal falling on the floor echoes in the room. Some light creeps in the room, freeing me from the darkness. My thin blindfold is soon cut off.

I open my eyes to see Anushka. Her clothes are bloody. Her hands are bloody. She grabs the axe from the corner of the room and breaks my chains with sheer force. The chains are broken but the shackles remain.

While I step out of the metal frame I was chained to, Anushka snaps Siddharth's chains. He falls on her, unconscious. They're about to topple over when I catch them.

I take the axe Anushka has thrown on the ground and help her to support Siddharth. We set him against the wall so that he doesn't fall over, still knocked out cold. A panicking Anushka hugs him and checks his steady pulse. She hugs him again and breaks into silent sobs. I put a supportive hand on her shoulder.