twenty-two | expect the unexpected

[a/n: listen to fearless (taylor's version) by taylor swift while reading.]

Abhishek's Pov

Abhishek's Pov

Ms. Shergill put on a location the GPS and refused to say a word after.

The car ride was silent and I couldn't bare it. I could hear the sound of my own heartbeat and it was increasing every minute. Somehow Ms. Shergill was unaware of this. It was frustrating being around her.

She was everything I never dared to hope for. She tolerated me extremely well, was somehow great friends with my sister and had a fucking perfect personality.

Since we're working together all the time I see her all the time. And when I'm not seeing her, I still do. She's always there, and I like it.

Now she wants to be friends? I don't think I could do it. I said yes to her but I'm pretty sure people don't think about friends the way I do about her. Ms. Shergill is the person I had been waiting for.

I don't believe in fate but she makes me think that it may be true after all. Ms. Shergill is the best at her job, she does it like it's natural and I can't believe it. No one is that flawless, not even me.

She looks at me again and I forget all rational thought. It was quick to return and that was when she told me to stop. The destination on the GPS was still a little far but she got off and opened the door from me.

She held her hand out and I took it after a minute of useless arguments in my head. She lead me into the trees. They started to clear as we walked for a bit, the fading sunlight filtering through.

Ms. Shergill kept tugging on my hand as if telling me to move fast. I picked up my pace and followed her. After a few minutes of walking, we were in a beautiful place.

After half an hour of radio silence Ms

After half an hour of radio silence Ms. Shergill finally says something.

"Welcome to my place, Abhishek sir." She says, her eyes shining.

"What is this place?" I ask, clearly curious.

"This is where I come when it gets a little too much for me to sanely handle. This is my comfort place." She replies, still holding onto my hand.