eighteen | the beast's wrath

(a/n: listen to the song above. also, pretend aman and roshni aren't here.)

Riyaz thrashed against the chains, as he kept growling

Riyaz thrashed against the chains, as he kept growling. Vaishnavi struggled to keep her hand steady, as he violently tried to remove it. The light from one of Avneet's palms shot to coil around Vaishnavi's wrist which steadied immediately. Siddharth looked at Anushka who had wrapped her arms around herself and rubbed her palms along her arms. It took all of his restraint to not comfort her and stay where he was.

He then looked at Abhishek who had fixed his gaze on Vaishnavi. He ever so slightly flinched when her grip shook. His hands would come up to catch her as if on reflex. His face screamed that he was scared, so scared that something would happen to her. Why hadn't Siddharth not noticed his brother all this time? He was the first to pick up on any changes in his brothers.

He was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard a slight crack and a whoosh, he would've missed it if not for his hyperactive self in this situation. He was usually a calm and composed person, but currently powerless. Desperate to help without magic, he focused on his senses and wielded them as weapons. He focused on the sound which grew a slight bit louder by every passing minute.

His eyes searched for any damage from the sound which definitely wasn't from Riyaz and his chains it was from...the dome shield. The shield was disappearing. His eyes flew toward Reem who was keeping it up but the patches from it had vanished kept growing. He was quick to inform her of the patches.

Reem then focused the pearlescent mist on the patches with started to fill. As she'd fixed the patches, they started appearing again. Her mist had started to vanish as soon as it appeared. Then a patch appeared above Riyaz, whose screams increased from it. Reem's eyes widened in realisation as directed the mist on the patch above Riyaz. Avneet saw the patches in the shield, so she directed her golden light from one palm to the patches, sealing them with Reem's mist.

Reem directed her mist to wherever patches appeared. The mist from her palms started glowing brighter as she gritted her teeth. Siddharth guessed she was using more power than she should. Avneet was quick to relieve her sister. She focused all her power on around Riyaz, whose screams grew louder whenever the shield around him crumbled. Siddharth noticed a blue mist from the patches. He focused his eyes on the mist as it touched Riyaz. He screamed as the mist touched him.

Siddharth yelled to Avneet, above all the whooshes of magic and Riyaz's screams,“The blue mist is making him scream, shield him from it.” Avneet quickly nodded in his direction signalling she'd heard him. Her golden light followed her voice screaming in power. “Aaaaaahhhhhhhh!,” she had yelled as the golden light glowed brighter almost becoming white. Reem's mist circled Anushka, Jaijeet, Vaishnavi, Abhishek and himself. The dome shield had completely vanished, only Avneet's golden light above Riyaz, putting a barrier between the blue mist and him.

She fell on her knees, the light from her palms was a blinding white burning, much more brighter than the initial golden. The exhaustion started showing on her face as her hair started flying from the force of her power, her voice now straining from the high volume. She had opened her eyes, the light illuminating her eyes. They had glowed in a fierce golden. Siddharth couldn't look away, it was as if he were compelled to look at her. Her pale skin had glowed from the light, her hair floating around her face and her eyes shining golden, and blinding light from her palms. She had looked like a goddess in all her glory. The sight alone had made Siddharth go weak in the knees.

Jaijeet stared at Reem, who had beams of celestial mist flowing from her palms. Her mist wrapped around him, her scent enveloping him. It was of a fresh snow and of morning dew. He looked at the mist which was a pearly white blanketing him. Ever so often her palms moved between all of them, wrapping them in the same heavenly mist of snow, dew and power. She fell to her knees, exhaustion of the magic washing over her, she had screamed, a voice of powerful elegance,“Aaaaaahhhhh!”

The mist still flowed from her palms, but now in thick beams. It had glowed as if it were glittering of the heavens. Her skin glowed in the same light, strands of her hair framing her face, her eyes shining in the heavenly glow. She looked heaven-sent, an angel wrapped in celestial light. The sight had knocked the air out of his lungs. He stared at her face alone, sweat rolling down her forehead, reflecting the light. Riyaz's screams had muffled along with all the noise in the room, only her glowing form visible to him.

Abhishek looked at Vaishnavi, her hand resting on Riyaz's forehead. The shield between them both was no more. Although Riyaz had almost quieted down to a few hisses. He had stopped thrashing against his chains. He had looked at Anushka, who peacefully looked at Riyaz's quiet form, almost relieved. Abhishek went back to looking at Vaishnavi.

He looked at how her long hair cascaded in waves from her shoulders. How her eyelashes peacefully rested against each other. Her skin glowed from the light of Avneet's power beams. He glanced at the clock, there were just two hours till the morning. Until all this was over. He looked back at Vaishnavi, whose eyes still remained closed. She struggled to keep her hand still. Riyaz had started pushed against the chains again, and now with no shield between them, she could be thrown across the room easily.

Abhishek looked at Siddharth and Jaijeet and nodded, who nodded back. Jaijeet walked towards Reem as Siddharth went with Abhishek to Riyaz. Reem concentrated on Abhishek and Siddharth's shields as they went to hold Riyaz, manually restraining him. Reem let out a strained groan as she squeezed out more power from within her. Her mist formed a second shield around them as they restrained Riyaz.

The beast's wrath had been deadly, but the warriors weren't the ones to give up.

//

That's it for the chapter! I hope you liked it! There's still some action in the next chapter but not a lot. You'll see the kickstart of the relationships now, with a dash of magical mayhem of course. Also, I started reading Percy Jackson today. I'm a 200 pages in the first book and it's manage to get me hooked. Drop reviews if you've read the series.

Vote and Comment.

Stay tuned for the next chapter! Now Bye!