In Kyung

It looks like In-hye made up with Hyorim. I was getting worried when she would come back home with a solemn face. She wasn't the only one as I came back from rejected interviews. But my life had a hint of a silver lining when In-hye came back with a bright smile. Hyorim followed close behind as she gave me and unnie a respectful bow.

"Hyorim will help us get a doctor for unnie!" I've never seen In-hye as bright as she was then. It was like making up with her best friend and finding help for unnie lifted that solemn mask she always has.

In-joo seemed as surprised as I was, but she then gave the girls a warm smile. "Thank you, sweeties, for the help, but we can't afford a doctor right now."

"Oh no, unnie," Hyorim said next. "Don't worry about the cost. It's free of charge. He's our family doctor. He's a very nice and kind man."

In-joo did her small scoff that hides her surprise. But my mind always tries to connect the dots and suspicion wins over my surprise. I leaned towards unnie and softly said, "We don't know who that man is. We can't trust him."

"I met him already." In-hye had her quiet expression again as her bright eyes landed on me. She may have had a hint of annoyance towards my suspicion as she firmly said, "I made sure who he was before he came."

I don't know why In-hye just does these things. She acts upon her emotions and makes such sudden choices. I hate that she resembles us so well in those things. I guess it runs in the family since our parents left so suddenly...

I gave In-hye a tight smile and just went back to my computer. Soon enough, a man in a white lab coat walked in with a respectful bow. He has to be about the same age as In-joo as he resembled a hint of childish features behind his round glasses.

"Hello," he said. "I'm Dr. Shin. I'm here to check on a patient?"

"Yes," I said as I returned his bow. "Right this way."

The girls decided to stay with In-joo in her room until the doctor arrived. Their smiles grew and their eyes were brighter when he shyly stepped into the room. In-joo gently sat up and gave the doctor a respectful nod.

"Hello," she said. "Thank you so much for coming over, Doctor. I'm in debt with you."

"No worries," he said as he stole a glance at me. "I'm a close friend of the Park family. I'm happy to help anyone really. Money has never been the reason for my career."

I rolled my eyes at the speech. The fact that he's a close friend of that family makes him suspicious. But I kept quiet as I watched him work on my sister. He was very gentle with her and seemed to know what he was doing. He took out a paper and wrote a few things on it. He turned back to me and said, "Here are some medications you can get at the pharmacy."

I took the note from him and looked at In-hye. I raised my brows at her and she quickly looked away. I couldn't help but chuckle and watch the doctor work on my sister's knee.

"You'll be in crouches for about a week. There doesn't seem to be any fracture," he said. "You move it fine. There may have been a few ligaments stretched from the strong hits. How did you get such bruises, Ms. Oh? If you don't mind me asking."

My attention was on alert at this question, but unnie hid her secret once again with a small smile. "I fell down the stairs at work. Working at a restaurant is no joke when the floors are slippery."

"I see," he said. "Try to stay in bed this week. Slowly move your leg so you can exercise your knee. It might be a bit weak by next week, but you will be able to walk on it. For your bruises..."

I looked at In-hye and realized that she finally felt useful. She smiled and paid close attention to the doctor. I smiled at her happiness and let my suspicion fade away for her sake. I guided the doctor out once he was done. His kindness really seemed sincere and I finally gave him a genuine smile.