↠ chapter 6 ↞

↠ chapter 6 ↞

♡ happy mothers day everyone! even to those who lost/don't have their mother, we love & appreciate you. and shout out to my mom who I love with all my heart. ♡

i had to type this chapter without my thumbs because they both are bandaged so if you see a mistake please tell me! enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------

So far it has been a week with no sighting of Luke, which is strange since he did say he was in some of my classes.

As I walked downstairs to grab a snack, I heard my mom crying in someone's room.

"M-mom?" I was walking until I was stopped by a dark blue door with a Green Day Poster on it signifying my brothers' room. Why would she be in his room? Unless....

"Oh Parker, I miss you so much. Please come back to mommy's arms," My mom whispered. I peeked inside seeing her hold a photo of him a couple years ago.

Wait, a minute, today's March 17th, his birthday.. Oh my gosh, how could I forget, I'm the worst sister ever. It's been 2 years since he went...missing. I can't do this.

Shutting the door quietly, I ran outside leaving the world behind me. I got into my moms car and drove off. I just kept driving for hours on end until I got to the recruitment center my brother went to a few years back.

I parked then got out of the car. Walking up to the front desk I saw my brothers' old friend Cody typing away.

He looked up at me and smiled, "Astrid, long time no see, how have you been?" Cody asked with a sad look on his face.

"I've been g-great actually." I replied hoping he wouldn't notice my red, blotchy eyes.

"Liar, I know why you're crying Strid." Strid has always been my nickname he and Parker used to call me. Just hearing that brought back some nostalgia.

Cody got up from the desk he had been working on and hugged me as tight as he could, and I hugged back.

"I-I forgot it w-was his birthday, Cody. I'm such a h-horrible sister. Everyday I miss him and his d-dumb little j-jokes." I felt a lump in the back of my throat and just let it all out. I cried like I have never cried before. Suddenly, it was hard for me to breathe.

My lungs were filled and I couldn't manage to let out air. Oh no, not a panic attack, not now. There were three people in the room seated, just staring at me, but I couldn't have cared less. This is my older brother I'm talking about, he taught me to have confidence in myself and not care what anyone else thinks.

"Astrid? Are you okay?" Cody murmured while stroking my hair. He's always been like an older brother to me besides Parker. Those two were basically inseparable so when Cody heard the news, he ignored everyone for about a month, including me.

"Please, g-give me my i-inhaler in m-my car.." He nodded and I gave him the keys to my car.

I saw him run out the doors with a concerned look on his face. A few seconds later he was back without breaking a sweat, if that was me I would be gasping for air, maybe I'm just unfit.

He stretched his hand out to me and gave me the purple and blue inhaler. I thanked him as I took it from it. Breathing in, then breathing out is what Parker used to always tell me when I had these anxiety attacks.

"O-okay, I'm better now. Thanks C-cody." I spoke in a soft tone.

s

"Good, but what happened? Is it because of Parker?" He whispered so soft I could barely hear him.

"T-today's the day, he...he went m-missing." I choked out.

"I know, I know. I've been coping with it poorly." That's the thing I liked about Cody, he never pitied me, I hate pity, it makes me feel weak.

Instead of just replying, I engulfed him into a bigger him.

"C-can you take me home?" I spoke.

"Of course, let's get some ice cream while we're at it." He added and I chuckled.

☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

Cody dropped me off at my house a couple hours later, but I instantly regretted it. I walked in on my mom crying with bottles of beer and photographs spread all over the couch.

She looked up at me and signaled me to come over to her. I silently walked to her as she showed me pictures of Parker. Tears started to well up in my eyes again.

"Mom, I'm going to bed, goodnight." Walking away I heard her whisper:

"You're all I have Astrid, please never leave me."

______________________________________________________________

a/n again xD

awww i feel so bad for Astrid and her mom. i wish i had an older brother but I'm stuck with an older and younger sister .-. anyways, astrid's brother is very important in this story! please vote, comment, and cry because of Parker ):

much love & eat oreos, ~ ariana