Chapter 6

You awoke in the morning with Leo tucked into your chest all cuddled up to you. You awed at him and began to rub his shell. In his sleep he let out a low churr and you inwardly squealed at how adorable he was. An hour seemed to pass before he began to wake up.

" good moooooorning leoooo~"

" *yawn* good morning m/n."

" we gotta get uuuuuup"

"Mmmmmmmmmh in a moment, your cozy..."

You sighed and then stood up Leo still in your arms. He held to you like a koala as you walked to the kitchen to see everyone else had waken up before you two.

" morning guys! Leo didn't wanna get up so I carried him here haha."

" Leo get up and grab some breakfast!"
Raph

" noooooooooooo......"
Leo

"I'll get a plate big enough for us to share!"

You smiled and quickly grabbed some breakfast Mikey had made. You thanked Mikey and he smiled and said it was no problem. You did not notice Mikey's blush or the brothers slight glare towards Leo. You sat down and ate some breakfast while you also fed some to Leo. He felt like he was on the moon waking up with you and eating breakfast. He was sitting in your lap and after he was full attempted to fall back asleep, you however refused to allow this to happen and stood up waking him up again and forcing him to hold onto you so he wouldn't fall to the floor. He held to you tightly like a koala and you chuckled looking at how cute he was with his little pout. You set your dishes into the sink and then carried Leo to his room to get him to get dressed.

" but m/nnnnnnnnnn, can't we just fall back asleeeeeeep?"

" no we can't Leo, we need to get up!"

He sighed and then went into his room and began to get dressed. You walked back to Mikey's room and also got dressed into a comfortable short sleeved shirt and some nice shorts. You walked out towards the kitchen and then went to help Mikey finish washing and drying the dishes.

" oh you don't need to help me with these!"

" I don't but I do wish to help you out sunshine!"

" S-sunshine!?"

" oh sorry I just, I dunno wanted to give you a nickname! It came to my mind cause you brighten my mood whenever your around and your super positive! Like the sun! ; but if you don't like it I can stop!"

" no it's ok! It just surprised me! And....do you really mean all that...?"

" of course I do!"
You walk up to Mikey and hold his face,

" your an amazing guy Mikey and I'm glad to have met you,"

His face turned red and you could feel the heat on his cheeks, he seemed embarrassed and couldn't make eye contact with you because he was so nervous.

" ah! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to embarrass you, I just wanted to be honest with my view of you."

You let go of his face quickly and began to fiddle with you hands to distract yourself.

" I-it's ok, and I really do appreciate it! I just didn't expect it haha...I...think your a pretty awesome guy to.."

He smiled and looked at you. Your heart speed up and you smiled a bright genuine smile and proceeded to huge him tightly. After a moment the both of you let go and then finished the dishes as you talked to one another.

After you walked to Donnie's room and knocked on his door.

" hey m/n!"
He said as he opened the door

" hi Donnie! I was wondering if you'd be up to finishing our project today? If that's ok of course!"

" I was hoping you'd ask! Yes let's get to it!"

He grabbed your hand and pulled you into his lab once more. You both continued on your project! After around two or three hours you were both prepared for the first test run! You grabbed the others to see and watch.

" uh.... Donnie I hate to mentions this last minute and all but um.....I still don't even know how to fly..."

The others stared for a moment before Leo spoke up and said

" well you don't have to but don't baby birds do the leap of faith thing? We could try that but we could make a little net to catch you!"

" only if you want to of course!"
- Mikey

" I, I suppose I could try! Though I do worry about hitting the ground...."

Raph walked over and hugged you before he said

" it'll be okay m/n! We'll make sure it's nice and safe for you ok! I promise we wouldn't let you get hurt for any reason!"

Your heart skipped a beat as you hugged him in return and smiled. Raph was one of the sweetest guys you'd met, his brothers to! You were happy they decided to take you in when you needed their help.

" ok, I trust you guys."

The others grinned and went to sent up the net. Each felt warm by your meaningful words. Once the net was set up they held it still at the bottom of the lair. You took a deep breath before you jumped. You began to fall until you began to flap your wings. Then you began to fly! Although sloppy you were flying! As you flew in circles around the lair you felt the wind on your face and found a joy you never knew of. You laughed as you heard the others cheer you on. You made eye contact with Donnie and smirked. His smile became nervous, concerned about what you were going to do.

You proceeded to swoop down quickly and scooped him up! He panicked for a moment before grabbing to you tightly.

" m/n! What are you doooiiiing?!"

" well since we both made this neat invention I thought we should both enjoy it!"

" I.......I can see your point but what do I do?!"

" hmmm here how about I grab your hips and hold you while you hold your arms out like my wings! Then it'll be like your flying!"

His face grew red but he went along with what you said. It's wasn't long before you had him laughing and smiling, finding the same joy you did in the smooth wind. You flew around for a bit before you landed. The others ran up to you quickly excited.

" that was amazing!"
-Leo

"Yeah! You guys were all like 'swoosh'!"
-Mikey

" I'm proud of you two! And good job m/n!"
-raph

" haha thanks guys u really appreciate it! It's much more fun then I originally thought it would be! And I couldn't have done it without your encouragement. And Donnie's help building the covers!"

" Aw well I just had the resources and knowledge, but thanks. Couldn't have done it without you either....."

You hadn't noticed yet but you were still holding Donnie's hips. He noticed and was currently trying to avoid his face getting red. Feeling so close to you and you holding him made him feel all flustered n fuzzy. He quite enjoyed this feeling, and knew he was falling for you. However, if it was you? He didn't really mind much <3