𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 53

Start from the beginning

"...wakes up, they will be very sad." Connie finished as Duke Phileo and Annelise stared at her.

"Because I'm not there?" Duke Phileo questioned.

"Because they really like you, Master." Connie stated bluntly as nodded her head.

'WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER...?!' Hannah screamed in her mind as she glanced at Connie with cold sweat dripping down her face.

Duke Phileo smiled before he faced forward and nodded his head.

Duke Phileo thought what Connie said was funny especially about his son being very sad once he wakes up and not see him there. HIS son the one who plays favoritism and instead gives him a blank look.

How could his son be sad once he wakes up? I mean he has both his mother and sister by him.

But, his face softens more as he remembered his son hugging his neck and the words that his wife's personal maid said.

"Excuse me, Your Grace, but Lord Amadeus got his attitude from you." Hannah sweat dropped with a sheepish smile.

Yes, his son is just like him. His son is part of him and his wife.

Soon, both Connie and Hannah got into the carriage as Duke Phileo and Annelise stepped aside.

As soon as they both sat down, Connie grabbed both bags and put them beside her.

Hannah reached her arms out so she can carry Leonia, but Duke Phileo shook his head.

"Here, let me hold Leonia, Phileo." Annelise soon spoke up.

Duke Phileo glanced at his wife.

"You can't. You are holding, Amadeus." Duke Phileo stated.

"I can hold them both. I mean, I will be sitting down so I can hold them both in my arms. But, also I have Hannah and Connie with me just in case something were to happen, Phileo." Annelise said firmly as she got inside the carriage and sat down with Amadeus in her left arm.

Duke Phileo sigh and nodded his head as he handed Leonia who was sound asleep to his wife.

Annelise held both her daughter and son protectively in her arms.

"I hope she doesn't make a fuss, like she did last time. For Amadeus, it might be expected of him. After all this is his first carriage ride." Duke Phileo said as he held his son's small hand.

Annelise smiled softly as she looked at both her children before looking up at her husband with a frown

Duke Phileo noticed his wife's frown as he looked up. Duke Phileo held his wife cheek and put his forehead on her forehead.

"I will be fine, don't worry. Right now, I want you and the children to be safe. I love you." Duke Phileo said as he kissed his wife.

While Annelise and Duke Phileo had their moment both Hannah and Connie were in a awkward atmosphere as they sweated and looked away, not knowing what to do especially when both Duke and Duchess were in a romantic moment.