The letter

I sat at the desk with my pencil staring at the paper, i needed to write a letter to Darry and sodapop as an apology, normally I can write for hours on end but now I'm just stumped. I don't know what I'm supposed to say if they ever found out that I knew they were calling but choose to stay on the phone with someone else, I'd be booted from the gang and stuck in this Foster home forever. But the more I think about staying forever the better it sounds. Think about it I can stay here and live the dream forever while everyone else enjoys being away from me, in this Sanrio I'm the villain, right? After a while I finally wrote the letter to them

Dear Darry, Sodapop, and the rest of the gang,

It's been quite a interesting few days not seeing you guys and starting at a new school. I tried out for the track team, I met some new friends, and I'm living with die hard socs. I didn't realize you called, I was doing homework, sorry I didn't pick up. I would love to talk to you guys another time I'll probably call after I send this letter. I love you guys

Ponyboy M Curtis,

I felt bad lying but a little white lie can't hurt. I went to the living room and grabbed a envelope and stamp, I walked to my room and put the letter in the envelope. Then I walked out to the hallway and told Desmond,

"Hey Desmond, I'm going to the post office to mail something to my brothers."

"Okay be safe and be back before dinner"

Desmond said as he went back to cooking rice, When I had first met them I thought Mary would be the main cook of the house, or maybe I'm just sexist, but Desmond makes rice and steak that would put Sodas chocolate cake to shame.

___________________________________

*3rd person back at home*

The gang was all at the house watching tv and eating chocolate cake, when they saw the mailman put something into there mailbox and walk back to his truck.

"I'll go get it!"

Before anyone could even respond to what soda just said he was already out the door and looking at the mail. Soda ran back in and screamed

"It's from Ponyboy it's from Ponyboy!"

Everyone looked over, shocked, as Sodapop ripped open the envelope and pulled out the letter.
Everyone huddled around Sodapop who read it out loud to everyone.

"Dear Darry, Sodapop, and the rest of the gang,
It's been quite a interesting few days not seeing you guys and starting at a new school. I tried out for the track team, I met some new friends, and I'm living with die hard socs. I didn't realize you called, I was doing homework, sorry I didn't pick up. I would love to talk to you guys another time I'll probably call after I send this letter. I love you guys Ponyboy M Curtis"

"We'll that explains why he didn't pick up but not why he didn't call back!"

Steve said looking annoyed with the letter, but it wasn't the letter he was angry about.

"Shut it randle"

Darry said while we reading the letter over and over, then he went to the phone and dialed Mary and Desmond's number.

"Hello?"

"Hi it's Darrel Curtis can I speak to Ponyboy?"

"It's me it's Pony hi Darry!"

"Oh my lord the kids alive!"

Two bit said listening to there conversation.

"So Pony, just talk to me, what's school like how's everything, we got your letter but we wanna hear more"

"Oh yeah...more.... So I started at Dusk high school, I tried out for there track team and I have a little group that is just like out gang!"

Ponyboy immediately regretted mentioning his friends and that they were any way similar to the gang because he knew just what he was in for.

"Oh you're going to have to tell me about them"

Dally said as he gave a look of disapproval to the phone.

"Oooh yeah tell us about your friends pony and how they're just like us"

Darry said.

"We'll uhm. Elliot's tuff looking like Darry but has the personality of Sodapop, Felix is soft and sweet but fun like Johnny but has the attitude of Dally. Blaze is a jokester and just a fun guy overall he's like a younger carbon copy of Two Bit."

The gang looked at each other an looked a bit disappointed like they could be "replaced" so easily.

"I'm glad you're having fun, my court date is tomorrow so I'll get to see you then"

Darry said into the phone.

Pony felt scared he knew that once the court date came he would have to give up everything he has grown to know and love, they say the grass is always seems greener on the other side, but he went to the other side and saw that the grass was greener on the other side, and now he didn't want to go back. Pony almost started crying thinking about it.

"Yeah I'm excited to see you, love you guys"

Pony said

"Love you too Pony"

Darry hung up the phone and turned back to everyone.

" who the fuck does he think he is?!? He gets to see some socs for 5 days and all of a sudden he's so high on his high horse that little shit!"

Steve said, if faces could kill no one in this room would be alive. Johnny looked sad, not angry or disappointed just sad knowing that someone else could just as easily replicate him as a person.

"Guys calm down he's probably looking for comfort over there and he finds comfort in us, so if he can find people like us while he's over there he could feel more secure until we come back and fill the void"

Sodapop said as he also contemplated wether or not Ponyboy may have found someone that would also make weird foods with him, someone that would also make killer chocolate cake. After all that Soda only had one question left in his mind,

"we're these new people better than us?"