Chapter 171: Is It Fate? Or God is Playing? pt. 8

Start from the beginning

"Nadia? Lukas? You're here?" Ezekiel was the first to open his mouth, astonished to meet us here. His eyes then went past us and got even more surprised– "Lord Janus as well? Why are you all here? What's going on?" he added.

Exactly, my cousin.

I'm floored too, you know. Can't you see from my expression alone? Every single one of us kept repeating the same phrases and I can't even blame them for that. This day is just filled with shocking things that kept coming one after another.

And speaking of expressions, just look at my brother. His brows were strung together, gazing at us in confoundment. In the area of facial mien, Lukas and he share the same trait, always frowning.

But unlike Ezekiel, his concern falls more on me than anyone else here. His eyes only glanced at the others for a moment before the same ruby eyes met mine.

"You're alone?" He inquired but with a hint of dissatisfaction in his voice.

I shook my head, "Uno and the others are guarding me."

Nathan only narrowed his eyes but said nothing more. I could still feel that he's not fond of the thought of me walking around alone though. Typical Nathaniel and his protective nature.

"What a coincidence, huh? I didn't expect to see everyone here," Ezekiel commented with a small laugh.

The flower filter was also working this time too, giving Ezekiel this flashy prince appearance that had never failed to capture the hearts of the people. With the exception of those who are close to him, of course.

I let out a slightly nervous chuckle, "Hahaha yeah... so weird, am I right?"

I still can't recover from the fact that everyone is present, and I meant everyone that plays a huge part in the novel.

How did this even happen? The Gods must be having such a great time in their domains right now. Fate must be even drinking tea as she watches me be flustered and overwhelmed in the head.

"You should have brought at least one servant with you," Nathaniel remarked, reprimanding me.

"Ahh come ooon, I wanted to be alone today. That's not a big issue, is it?" I countered.

"Bring someone next time," Nathan declared.

"Why? Why are you mad right now? It's not as if this is the first time I roamed around without an escort," I couldn't help but ask. My brother is in a sour mood and I don't even know the reason, what the heck.

Nathan sighed in exasperation, "It's dangerous right now, Nadia."

Dangerous? Lukas also mentioned something about danger earlier, what's with that? Is this because of the attack during the founding ball? So it's really a big deal then? Yet this brother of mine said I don't have to worry because it's nothing! You liar...

I began to frown now, matching Nathan. Ezekiel glanced at the both of us, heard the exchange, and felt the growing tension in the air.

"Now, now... Your brother is just worried about you, Nadia. It's really not safe right now and to be honest, I share the same opinion as him. You shouldn't walk around alone for the time being," he said just to ease the strain between us.

Pouting, I mumbled, "Fine. But I was only strolling around the capital. Nothing would happen to me within such a large crowd, you know."

"Strolling?" Lukas repeated and started chuckling.

I turned to him and glared. Lukas only snorted when he saw what I did, looking very much amused.

What's with him? He wasn't speaking this whole time and now he's making fun of me. I really dislike this guy...

I didn't notice Nathan's odd look he sent our way because my whole attention was at the man who's grinning like a snake right now.

"Lord Janus, what a coincidence to meet you here," Ezekiel called out.

"Prince Ezekiel," Janus replied amiably– "Are you perhaps on a patrol?"

My eyes traveled towards the magician who's being friendly with my cousin. Can't help it either, he's an eye-magnet.

His brushed-up ash-blonde hair that is long enough to reach his shoulders was neat and tidy. With that hairstyle of his, his equally magnetic face is free for everyone to see. He really is shining like the sun, much more than the bright Ezekiel himself.

Blonde hair... Striking golden eyes... Pale fair skin that stands out even more in his white robes... That gold earring on his right ear which just adds more features to him... He's handsome alright.

I am being surrounded by handsome men right now, aren't I? What a blessing...

"That's right. By the way, why are the three of you together?" Ezekiel inquired afterward.

"We're not together. I just came here," Janus replied just as immediately.

Ezekiel blinked, "Oh?" His eyes then went to us curiously– "Both of you came together?"

"Uhh..." I trailed off.

He must have noticed the brief exchange between me and Lukas that's why he assumed that. He's not wrong though, but how do I say it?

I mean, my brother is looking at us suspiciously right now... His eyes were nailed more on the man beside me though.

Lukas cocked his head to the side, "What? I found this suspicious lady on the street and arrested her."

I immediately snapped at him, "Hey! What are you saying?"