Chapter 108 - Prelude To The Ball Pt. 3

The next day, a package was sent to the Forester household, personally sent by Adele's team and is adressed to Estelle who was very surprised from the sudden visit.

"Are you sure that you got the right person?" She couldn't help but to ask the people who delivered the package.

"Yes, Lady Estelle," was the response of the head courier.

Estelle was flustered just from hearing the courier calling her a lady in a respectful manner. She wasn't used to it which was the reason for her being tongue tied for a second.

It felt strange hearing someone calling to her respectfully. It was rare for her to hear it.

"I don't remember buying anything," she rebuked as she stared at the big wooden box on the table. It looked really fancy that she's even scared to touch it.

.

She was seriously skeptical about it because it came from a famous boutique. It means that the item would certainly cost a fortune and Estelle don't have anything valuable to her at all. She wouldn't get to pay for that!

"It is a gift from an esteemed person. Lady Estelle should not worry about the payment," he answered her again.

'But why? Why would they do that? And who is this someone?'

She eyed the package sitting atop the table warily then back to the unmoving courier.

It's strange, yes. She does not even know whether to get more confused or be happy first.

"Can I know who had sent this so I could thank them?"

The courier shook his head, "It was the esteemed person's request to not divulge their identity."

"Is that so?" She quietly murmured and got silent for a moment-- "Then please thank them on my behalf instead."

Even after they all had left, Estelle was still confused why anyone would send her something.

She glanced at the box before she nervously opened the package. The first thing that greeted her eyes was a folded card atop the silk wrap which she then picked up to read.

'Come to the ball and fulfill your lifelong dream.

-En'

"Huh?" Was her reaction. It was a straightforward letter and she immediately understood what it meant.

Are they talking about her plans of changing the future?

'The person even knew about that? Who are they?'

There are only two people who knows about her dream and they were both Nine and Vivienne. It couldn't possibly be Vivienne because she won't afford a single thing at a high-end boutique.

'Was it Nine then?',

She then remembered her trivial statement yesterday and her hunch pretty much solidified.

But Nine is a not of nobility and it's also impossible for her to afford it. Given that she only lives off of her bookshop.

'Ah. But I really don't know Nine that well even after all these years...'

'So was it Nine or not?'

She then absentmindedly unraveled the silk wrap and pulled the dress out of its confines. Her arms raised high in the air as she let the dress unfold in front of her.

She then stared at the golden masterpiece for a solid minute, gawking at it.

"Woooww..."

There was a childlike wonder in her emerald eyes. She was so enchanted by how beautiful it was that she bagan to flush red.