Chapter 106 - Prelude To The Ball

"Behold!" Adele announced loudly in a broad grin, arms spread outward.

As soon as we entered what seems to be a booth for showcasing stuff, Adele gestured proudly at the very thing in the center of the room.

It was a silver ball gown with a hint of bluish tinge, a product of a fantasy. Just like any other ball gowns out there, this one sure has all the characteristics of a classic gown.

Big flamboyant skirt that has a slightly longer train. It's also sleeveless and has a sweetheart neckline, which means that I have to partner it with a shawl. Else, I would surely freeze to death when the night deepens.

The details on the dress are insane. Like seriously super amazing! There are meticulous stitches all over which were made in azurite (a deep blue) colored thread and small pieces of precious gemstones.

Those gems made an illusion of sparkling stars when hit by the light.. The fabric in itself is very smooth and rich to the touch which I bet would feel awesome upon wearing it.

Even though it's like that, looking extravagant, it doesn't strike as something that would stand out to the eyes if grouped with the other dresses.

It would, obviously, just from how seriously beautiful this piece is. But it's the type that if you blend within the crowd, the color would not catch your eyes directly. Other dresses which are all in bold bright colors would certainly come out, which is a plus for me!

At least, if I wear this to the ball, the attention would be only when I arrived. They would gush all they want on the first look, but after I disappear amongst them, they won't get to do it!

I would finally find peace...

More so if I decide to stick to the walls.

Ah, but this dress is so lovely! As expected of Adele.

"Is this really one of my designs?" I gasped out as I gazed at it with wonder.

Adele, upon seeing my reaction, looked even more smug.

"Yes, Lady Nadia. The first one, if I may add."

I blinked at her, "Oh?"

One of the three sketches I had when I was fooling around while preparing for my social debut?

Come to think of it, there really is one ball gown among them...

"It's not as grand and bold as your past gowns, but this is still fresh to the eyes! Especially if you partner it with this pair of lace gloves that I made for you," she said and moved to the right.

She then whipped out a box from the side drawer and flashed the contents to me. There were a pair of gloves sitting atop a velvet cushion, the color of black. It has a set of rivets which has a long black ribbon forming criss-crosses on it, so one can adjust the tightness.

It's a new design from the usual lace gloves that are being used nowadays.

"Wow," I commented and tried to poke it with my finger.

"Is everything to your liking, Lady Nadia?" Adele asked.

"Absolutely! I mean, look at that dress alone. It's breathtaking!" I replied in satisfaction.

She then lets out a relieved sigh as she closes the lid.

"I'm glad. I actually prepared another one just in case."

"You did?"

Adele sure is hardworking. To whip out two dresses for me...

"Yes! It's not on par with this ball gown right here but it's still there!"

She then strode on the side and pushed the curtains to the left, revealing another dress.

How do I say this... The color is beige, but not exactly beige either. It's more on the golden type but not as bright as gold. I'm not good at comprehending colors but the color is a unique gold, if I say so, and gets deeper in color at the bottom.

The neckline wraps around the neck, and the sleeves and layered skirts are made in tulle while only half of the back is exposed. There were intricate embroideries on the waist area that spread upward like vines.

I blinked at it and marveled from how pretty it was. When I compare the two, the silver one wins in terms of oomphness. The oomph factor was there and it's definitely fancier than the other.

But the longer I stare at the unique gold dress, the more amazed I get. If both dresses are paired side by side, the unique gold catches your eye in an instant.

"Amazing..." I breathed out.

Is this one of my designs too?

"To be honest, I am completely torn between these two. So I will leave the decision to you, Lady Nadia," Adele remarked and looked at me expectantly.

Are you kidding me... Am I really going to choose between these two gorgeous dresses?

I gazed at the unique gold dress again.

'Wait, does Estelle have a dress for the ball?'

I don't exactly remember what she wore on that night and I really have no time to think more about it.

'Then... hmmm...'

I pondered for a moment, picturing myself wearing each of them, then got an idea along the way.

"I'll take them both," I declared after a while.

"Oh? Both? Are you going to wear them on the same night? That could work too..." She looked surprised for a second but nodded afterward.

I shook my head, "No, no, that's not it. I'm going to gift this one," and pointed to the gold dress.

"A gift... For whom?"

"She's not exactly well-known..."

But if I suddenly sent this to her under my name, wouldn't she find it suspicious? We're really not that close...

"That's it. I'm giving this to her anonymously," I voiced out.

In that way, she wouldn't question my motive. If everyone is present then it's only natural for the female lead to stand out and grab all the male leads' attention.

After all, the Founding Ball is the vital part of the whole novel for Estelle.

'Did the mercenaries finish gathering reports about her?'

To be fair, it has only been a few days since I demanded their service... Well, I just need to wait until the end of the week then.

"Then allow our boutique to send the item on your behalf," Adele offered with a bright smile on her face.

I beamed at her, "Thanks Adele. You really are the best!"

That would solve my predicament...

I silently mused, feeling rather excited for the upcoming ball. Seeing the dress in front of me finally made the event sink in my head.

Grand chandeliers, sparkling lights, the orchestra, the hint of elegance in the air, and beautiful people gathered together.

It's the perfect setting for a romance subplot!

'Oh gosh... Just imagining all the hot guys grouped together is making me have a nosebleed.'

Would Estelle still choose Lukas? Or would it get altered as well? She might choose Ezekiel instead, or perhaps my brother.

Either ways, I'm truly going to watch everything!

Fufufufu~ Oh, I'm so excited...