Chapter 76 - End Of Nadia's Social Debut

I was honestly shaking from anxiety. It was a good thing that the two of them were with me because if not, I would have fled this place long ago.

'Seeing all these people is making me more nervous...'

The three of us then stopped in the middle of the quiet hall, and the orchestra started playing a slow melody.

Nathan left father and me and retreated to the side, letting dad take the first dance with me.

I looked at dad with a skewed smile because I could clearly feel the masses' eyes which were boring holes behind my back.

Father must have seen how nervous I was so he smiled at me as he held out his hand.

"Relax," he then tells me.

'How to do that dad?'

.

"This is your day, you should be the one who enjoys it the most," he added.

Right. It's my birthday, but it's still making me jumpy.

The two of us then glided in tune with the music. At first, I was slightly perturbed on what to do and almost forgot the lessons Countess Miller had taught me. But who knew that my father is a good dancing partner? He literally led the whole thing until I found myself enjoying the entire dance with him.

He would sometimes twirl me around out of the blue, catching me off guard, and bringing me back. In time, both me and him were having fun, giggling like school-girls.

I had also forgotten the others who were watching, completely taking away my nerves. The fake confidence I had earlier became real.

The first music ended and both of us bowed to each other. Nathaniel then took father's position. This time though, the other debutants of the same age as me joined us on the dancefloor with their partners.

"I hope you know how to dance, brother," I teased him.

Nathan's brows furrowed, "Of course, I do," was his response.

The dance started and oh boy, it was hilarious! Nathaniel kept stepping on my dress and almost tripping on his feet! It was a miracle that he didn't due to his knight training perhaps, but it seriously made the whole thing more amusing.

"You really are a good dancer," I commented and grinned at him.

Nathaniel ignored me, but I could clearly see the tip of his ears were red. Meaning, he was very embarrassed to even let out a retort.

Ezekiel, whom I thought would not come was the third one to dance with me. As expected of the perfect prince, he's good at it too.

"Happy birthday Nadia," he greeted.

"Thank you, Prince Ezekiel."

Ezekiel clicked his tongue, "Just call me cousin. It's my birthday gift to you. Giving you the privilege of being casual to me."

And he said that with a straight face. I can't believe this guy...

"Sure cousin," If you say so. Then I will be casual from now on. Fufufufu~

Afterward, the two of us joined the others at the side, just next to the buffet table.

"Happy birthday, Nadia!" Gwen said as soon as we got closer.

"Happy birthday," Bea seconded.

"Thank you!" I then hugged both of them.

Gwen gushed at my side and observed my dress with wonder in her eyes.