Track: 007

"Best friends"

Ellie's pov
Those words floated around my head as I sat on my bed listening to Cassandra by Cos Sylvan. (A/n: pretend please it's a good song) "Ellie, you ready for school?" I nodded my head turned off my walkman grabbed my bag and shoved it inside.

"You good Ellie?" I nodded and gave Eddie a smile as he drove towards the school. "Yeah, I'm just really exhausted," I replied leaning my head against the window of his van. The ride to the school was peaceful and I was enjoying the peace. "You know you might need to let out your you know what Ellie," Eddie spoke up interrupting the peace. "No Eddie I'll be fine promise."

*̣̩☽⋆

Wrong I am not enjoying the peace at all as I walked through the halls of the school when an arm wrapped around my shoulders. "Hey, doll how's your morning you look pissed?" I rolled my eyes and chuckled. "I'm fine Billy really," I answered him cutting it short. "Okay good do you have anything to do this weekend?" He asked leaning against the doorway of my next class. "Yeah, I'm supposed to be babysitting Dustin Henderson." I smiled at him softly. "Next time right?" He nodded and kissed my forehead. "Yeah, next time call me later." I watched as he walked away and made my way into art class taking a seat next to some random kid as we all continued on our sketches from last week.

*̣̩☽⋆

"Really Ellie? Billy Hargrove?" He and Steve placed down pieces of meat. "That's exactly what I said to her? But what does she do she goes "swimming" with him!" Steve complained as he threw down the meat before throwing his hands in the air.

"You went swimming with Hargrove? You know what don't answer that question." Dustin shook his head at me as he turned away from us and started talking. "Now why would you tell him I was hanging out with Billy Hargrove." Keeping my voice to a whisper as I turned towards Steve. Steve gave me a look. "Don't look at me like that Harrington you might cream your pants." Smirking at him as he scoffed. "Yeah right, Munson."

I overheard Dustin talking about Dart and how he could be a Demogorgon. "Meet me, Steve, and Ellie at the old junkyard." I stopped leaning on Steve's car as he let down the trunk. "All right let's go," Steve spoke up fixing his pants. "Yeah come on Dust can't keep you safe if we leave you alone." Smiling picking up one of the buckets before Steve could.  "Just be there, stat. Over and out." 

*̣̩☽⋆

"Yo Dustin so did you just keep the dangerous lizard?" I asked Steve hitting my shoulder. "What I was just asking a question," I whispered as he shook his head at me. "So let me get this straight you keep something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who you just met?" Steve asked throwing down meat in front of him. "All right that's grossly simplifying things. I mean why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway. An Interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome." At this point, I zoned out and continued to throw the meat on the earth's floor. Looking through the trees, I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being followed and watched.

*̣̩☽⋆

Jumping on top of one of the old cars tossing the bucket away. "I used to come here with my brother. This will do nicely." I chuckled rolling off the car and running over to the rusted bus. "Guys look. HEY LUCAS! HEY MAX!" Waving at the girl while eating some candy. She looked confused as hell like she didn't wanna be here. Dustin motioned for Lucas to follow him and I walked up to Max.