Chapter 1: The Assault

***Reader's Notes***
-Whenever you read a conversation, you will see a small [At] or similar indication for the language spoken in the conversation. If the whole conversation is in one language, then an indication will be placed once at the start. If the conversation contains more than one language, then the indication will be present whenever the language is changed.
--A list of language indicators for the reader to know:
English: [En]
Alia Terrain: [At]
--A list of text types usage-wise:
Speech text example: "Text".
Inner thought text example: 'Text '.

***********************************************************************

Chapter 1: The Assault

In a grand domed hall, where fine marble decorations and artwork donned every corner giving it an almost divine aesthetic, a call for order echoed throughout the hall

In a grand domed hall, where fine marble decorations and artwork donned every corner giving it an almost divine aesthetic, a call for order echoed throughout the hall. Hundreds of men in fine clothes accented with precious metals broke off their conversations and returned to their rows of seats around the rim of the circular hall as silence settled the place.

"All rise for the honorable King Neprudu!" called the voice. [At]

Everyone in the hall rose from their seats as a well-built old man veiled in shining silver and gold fabrics, donning a silver horned crown, walked into the hall and stood at its center as the people rested on their seats once more.

"Council of SarKila, I am summoned." declared the King in an irritated tone.

A Councilman in the front row stood from his seat and spoke, his voice boomed across the hall.

"King Neprudu you are hereby to explain your illegal actions in front of the Council at once!"

"What illegal actions, Councilman Hefferdu?" The King scoffed condescendingly.

"You invited foreign and hostile troops into our sovereign land," Hefferdu continued, seemingly undeterred "Not only that, but you've also promised them blood-gained SarKilan Lands, all without a single Councilmen knowing, let alone the Council's approval. You have ruled for almost two decades; need I remind you who chooses the King in this land Neprudu?!" Stated Hefferdu as he gestured with his hand to the Council around him.

Unfazed, the King spoke with contempt as he faced his adversary.

"As long as breath moves within me, I am your chosen King, and you shall address me as so, Hefferdu. As for my actions, I made them as the 13th line in the Code of Law permits; I am well within my boundaries to make such decisions."

Whispers instantly sprouted throughout the hall, but its increasing volume could not beat Hefferdu's voice rising in outrage.

"The 13th line? Has old age finally gotten to you, old man?" retorted Hefferdu "The 13th line is written in case anything like The Subjugation ever happened again, I wrote that line myself! Regardless, we have just won a war in the northwest and-"