"Just take these for now. You shouldn't be talking at all. You still need to rest first, and I'm sure that headache is just as bad as I suspected it would be because I can see the expression on your face. Here..." He stretched his hand forward, but Madison folded hers, still adamant and intent on refusing his help or the drugs.

"Keep it!" She spat, "I don't want your bloody drugs."

The thought of taking those bitter pills had her grimacing, and worse still they were being handed by him. Everything going on in her life already tasted and looked bad enough.

She had been trying over the past few days to just go to work, forget about the stalking and the threat letters and just focus on getting her life back on track but still she couldn't avoid getting involved in one thing or the other no matter how hard she tried.

Here she was now, in a strange bed with a nasty headache and an half baked blurry memory of the previous night. The fact that she was half naked didn't even help at all and...

Her thoughts suddenly trailed off and her eyes widened as a thought crossed her mind, and sharply with eyes like a hawk Madison looked down at herself and then back up at Damien.

"I'm half naked, and you know that. I mean how do you know? W-who undressed me? Some random hotel staff... or... or... you?" She stammered, the last words spilling out of her mouth.

She was blushing with profound embarrassment, and holding up the duvet even tighter to her chest now, she shot him a piercing look waiting for his reply.

Damien rolled his eyes, his lips stretching into a knowing smirk as he said just what she'd been dreading to hear, "You think I would allow some random person take of your clothes, when I'm present?" He questioned, his gaze hearing as he finished, "I undressed you? You don't have to bother too much about that."

The way he said the words so stiffly and without any remorse or anything, had Madison's cheeks reddening further and she began to imagine what must have happened last night, and just what he must have seen.

She became tongue tied all of a sudden, that  for a moment she just couldn't seem to string any word together.

He seemed to notice her reaction because he suddenly put on a smug look, and still smirking he said sending her a wink at the same time, "Come on... Don't tell me you're shy huh? Basically you've nothing to hide, because it's not like  I haven't seen all that before."

The back of her neck beginning to prickle, as she became flustered, something warm filled her chest and just like a wave of dejavù, she was reminded of their back and forth conversation in the past.

It was so evident that this was how they'd argue back then, with him hovering over her every time and as she recalled it all a small smile tugged on her lips, but she refused to let it show.

Suddenly remembering everything that was going on and realizing that this didn't matter, nor did it make any sense, Madison cleared her throat, and began to face him fully.

Her hand still clutching the duvet to her chest, she cleared her throat, and muttered softly, "If you'll excuse me... I have to get dressed now. I have to get out of here please."

She was already wrapping the large duvet around herself and trying to get up. Also she could see his gaze softening, but she didn't understand why and she didn't bother to ask. It was none of her business.

He stretched out his hand once again, "Madison, don't make this hard for the both of us. You still need to rest. Bolting right now, won't solve anything. Just relax and have the aspirin. You can leave when you feel better, alright. I'll do my best to stay out of your way and I won't disturb y..."