❀5 - ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴀɢᴇᴅ ʙɪʀᴅ❀

|𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞

|𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐀 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞...|

━ • ⋆ ✿ ⋆ • ━

A caged bird secluded within the confines of the Sanctuary of Surasthana, who can only see the world in her dreams.

P.O.V.: Nahida

━ • ⋆ ✿ ⋆ • ━

When Nahida woke up, Nahida was riding in a flower carriage.

Nahida had a dream... Nahida dreamed about a young woman.

In the dream, the woman rested next to Nahida on the flower field. Padisarahas dipped into a deep purple surrounded them, and the woman's smile shone upon Nahida's face, brighter than the moon could ever do.

Her smile was full of warmth and calm, and her gentle and soft voice cooed at Nahida every time she sensed the slightest mood shift from Nahida. It always put Nahida at peace, scurrying Nahida's troubling thoughts away and letting Nahida escape the sad reality - With one simply angelic smile.

Nahida doesn't know why, but her wisdom tells her that the young lady resembles their one and only Creator a lot.

No, she may even be...

"Nahida?" Her velvet voice brought Nahida back from her maze of thoughts. "It's late in the night, but a little night snack wouldn't hurt to eat, right?"

"Food before sleep is not good and won't provide a resting result. But..." Nahida returned the smile and faced the beautiful angel. "I am more than happy to spend my time with you, Y/N."

The woman named Y/N took Nahida's hand into hers and strolled happily towards the City. Her laughter filled the dead quiet night with life, and her eyes sparkled with joy when she conversed with Nahida.

Nahida was truly happy and felt so free that she wished this blissful moment was not a dream.

Various of Sumeru's specialties were placed on the table, and
Y/N cheekily grinned at Nahida for having the presumed 'light snack.' Nahida let out cute giggles and playfully forgave the young woman. In the end, the two of them ate the pile of the ordered food while playing card games.

But all fun times have their ends.

A tall blue-haired man, wearing a long white coat and a mask that covered half of his pale face, greeted Y/N with a sly smile. He took her full attention away from Nahida as his attractive appearance ultimately swayed Y/N.

The red blush on Y/N's cheeks didn't go unnoticed by Nahida and, furthermore, the hidden syringe in the stranger's sleeve. Nahida's eyes widened as the man pulled Y/N into an intimate hug and his hand holding the needle hovers dangerously near Y/N's neck.

Nahida sprung from her seat and yelled at her friend about the danger, but her words were deaf to the angel's ears. Nahida ran up to her fearing losing someone so dear to her. The only person who had brightened Nahida up in the past months.

The man whispered sweet nothings into Y/N's ear, and the woman could only focus on his oh-so-lovingly voice. As Y/N was distracted, he injected a strange liquid into her neck, making her immediately tired, and eventually, she fell unconscious in the arms of the man.

Nahida stood at the side, watching the scene with guilt and helplessly all over again. This same recurring dream is a blessing from the Creator itself and a nightmare at the same time. Nahida tried and tried to intervene or change the outcome, but in the end, Y/N's fate is to be kidnapped by this man.

How many times did the caged bird keep dreaming the same haunting dream?

And why did Y/N appear in Nahida's dream so suddenly?

Does this dream try to warn Nahida about a future upcoming event?

Those questions spun inside the Dendro Archon's mind for a while.

"The young lady named Y/N..."

Nahida opened up her eyes like a doll. The first thing she sees is the familiar green veil and the cage she is imprisoned in.

Devoid of any feelings inside her voice and in her flourishing green eyes, Nahida spoke,

"She must be protected at any cost."

"Because Y/N is..."

━ • ⋆ ✿ ⋆ • ━

Does dreams have a meaning?

....

Next Chapter is going to be normal length 🌸

P.S.:
Why I write this 'weird' is because Nahida tells the story not with "I" but refers herself with her name "Nahida"

(I watched the Japanese Teaser Trailer)

Just to clear some misunderstandings up