KABANATA 6

Kabanata 6

Happiest Day

I'm wearing a luxurious gold satin gown with a Gucci blackbelt at my waist revealing my back and my legs because of the slit of my gown. My 4-inch heels were color silver by Aquazzura, it's just so simple yet elegant looking. I have hair extensions so that my hair is long for today, My stylist curls it and then puts amazing silver accessories as a design on my hair. I'm also wearing a silver necklace with a crystal pendant, it was a gift from dad he gave it before the party started.

''What kind of face is that?'' biglang tanong ni Vera ng makitang nakasimangot ako.

Tipid akong ngumiti. ''What?'' umirap ito.

''Duh! This is your day, yet you looked like you are at a funeral!'' sumimangot ako.

''Grabe ka naman sa funeral. Ano ba meron sa mukha ko?'' takang tanong ko dito.

Her brows furrowed. ''Don't me! I know that kind of face! So, are you expecting someone to come?'' ngumuso ako.

Am I ready to tell about him? It's not that I don't trust her, I'm just scared of how she will react if I tell her.

I smiled at her. ''Wala, May naisip lang ako.'' tipid na sabi ko. Nanliit ang mata nito na tila hindi naniniwala sa sinabi ko ngunit tumango rin kalaunan.

Nagpaalam na muna ako kay Vera ng tawagin ako ni mommy kaya naman naputol ang pag-uusap namin tungkol don. My mom introduce me to her famous model and a businesswoman friend. I was shocked when I realized that she was Carolina Lavigne my lowkey idol since I was seven years old, Mom didn't know that she was my idol. Mom told me that they were friends since high school but they lost contact when they both have a family, then two years ago they met in Paris and started to hang out again.

I love their friendship.

Nagpaalam na ako kay Mom nang mainip ako dahil may ibang pinaguusapan na sila. I thanked my idol for giving me a dress that she designed by herself before I walked away. Her family greeted me too, I just thanked them and smile genuinely.

Nakasimangot akong bumalik sa kinauupuan kanina. I irritatedly crossed my arms. Where is he? It's almost 4 hours since the party started and 2 hours left my party will end soon. I sighed deeply. I'll just wait for him, maybe he's really busy today.

I glanced at the entrance when I heard one of the visitors greet them. My eyes widened when I realized who are they. They walked towards me and then smile sweetly. ''Happy Birthday hija! You're so gorgeous!" I genuinely smile at them.

It was his family! I hid my excitement secretly hoping that he's with them.

"Thank you po tita!''

My excitement faded when I realized that his parents was the only here.

I hide my disappiontment and welcome them whoIeheartedly.

"Happy birthday hija, here's our gift for you. We hope you'll like it." he handed the luxurious brand paper bags to me.

My eyes widened when I notice 3 boxes of jewelry from Bulgary, Tiffany & Co., and Cartier. As far as I know, the price of each was very expensive!

"Thank you Tita, Tito, for coming and for the gifts." they both smiled at me.

We talked about something for a minute then they go to their table because another visitor is coming upon me.

I greeted them with a wide smile. I suddenly forget the thoughts about him. Good thing my visitors distracted me to stop thinking about him. I enjoyed the party even though he was not around.

Vera and Christine walk towards me when they saw a signal from me to come beside me.

"Ganda mo teh ah!" Christine let out a chuckle.

"Well, we are all pretty not just today but every day!" we laugh at what I said.

"Your mood changed a bit, huh, but still not enough." tinaasan all nito ng kilay.

Umirap ako. "Whatever you think."

"Ay mga teh, ano ang pinaguusapan niyo? OP nako dito.'' reklamo ni Christine.

''Oh my bad, we talked about you kase eh!'' asar ni Vera.

Christine mocked her.

"You are so annoying!" sigaw ni Vera.

Christine enjoys the annoying face of Vera that's why she continues to annoy her more.

"Girls stopped let's just take a picture at the photo stall and enjoyed this night," I said.

"Good idea!" It was Vera.

"Ay, hala sya oo nga tara na!'' excited na sabi nito.

They clung to my arms and happily walked toward the booth.

We take a fierce photo of the three of us for the first take, then we are smiling widely at the second one, and for the last, we take a wacky pose. We use different props here in the booth and enjoy making fun of ourselves.

"Shuta ang ganda natin!'' natutuwang sabi ni Christine nang makita ang printed pictures namin.

''I want a copy too!'' Vera exclaimed.

''I'll tell the photographer to have 2 copies more.'' sabi ko dahil isang copy lang ang hawak namin.

''Yey! Thank you my gorgeous best friend!'' I chuckled when she suddenly hugged me.

''Sali ako mga teh!'' singit ni Christine at dinamba kami ng yakap.

Tumawa kaming tatlo sa kakulitan niya.

Nagkukulitan pa kaming tatlo ng marinig namin na nagsalita and host.

"Let me call the birthday Goddess celebrant here on the stage." they were clapping their hands as they watched me walk to the stage.

I smiled sweetly at all of my visitors. I saw my Mom and Dad proudly looking at me when my older brothers were smiling widely too. The host gave me a microphone to say thank you to my visitors for coming to my party.

''Good evening everyone! Thanks to all of you that here to celebrate my 16th birthday. I truly appreciate your efforts to come here to greet me. I am so happy that all of you were here to celebrate with me even though you have other things to do. Again, thank you so much for coming, and thanks to all of you to make my birthday memorable." I smiled at them.

The crowd gives a toast to everyone as they screamed Happy Birthday.

My eyes widened when I suddenly heard the sound of fireworks. All of the people looked up to see the fireworks display.  I can't help but amaze by what I saw. My family walked towards me and hug me.

"Happy Birthday to our princess!" they all greeted me.

"T-thank y-you po. I love it! This is the best day ever!"

My grandparents give me a warm hug. "Happy Birthday to the only princess of our family!" I chuckled.

I am so lucky to have them.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Note: Super late update, busy po ang inyong student HAHAHA

THANKS FOR READING!

-------
COMPLETED on NOVELAH APP